What got you started ,simple times GB

I had an idea, lets see what you guys think. While bashing my head of the table while scratch building, it occured to me how much easier modeling used to be when we were kids, slapped some glue and paint on a kit, then proceeded to the back yard for combat. How about a group build to bring those memories back of why we got started in this great hobby, maybe your first kit period, or maybe a memorable build with dad. Dust off those old but classic kits, maybe the Monogram box scale Missouri that won countless battles in the bath tub, or like me a Gwillows P-40 that helped me learn that spinning in a rapid cirle with a belly full of PB&J and Vernors was a VERY bad idea. Maybe a Revell P-47 that let us know model airplanes can't "realy" fly (sorry dad), or the B-17 that carried out numerous succesful bombing runs on the dog. You can go ape s**t and use as much aftermarket or scratchbuilding as you want to make an oldie a gem, or just do a simple OOB to bring back fond memroies. Or you can go completely retro and use all the old techniques, such as a finely brush painted NMF The build can be anything from your past, planes, cars, ships, rockets, balsa, pinewood derby, maybe a science project volcano the list goes on. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks for looking.

23 topics in this forum

1. Finished Projects!

• 23 replies
    • 5.3k views
  2. Welcome to the GB!

• 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. Memories

• 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. 1/48 Monogram F-4J

• 16 replies