Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cool Hand

Members
  • Content Count

    425
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Cool Hand

  • Rank
    When will THEN be NOW?
  • Birthday 10/07/1983

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Cape Cod, MA. / Red Sox Nation

Recent Profile Visitors

5,828 profile views
  1. Cool Hand

    Bf-109G-6 to G-14

    It was an attempt to consolidate all the variations in equipment over the G-6 production into a single standard. This was less than successful as these variations continued to be seen in the G-14 line. For example: some G-14's with short tails and standard(non Erla hood) canopies. The only thing that seems to be universal in the G-14 was the tank for MW 50 and the corresponding move in battery position.
  2. Cool Hand

    Bf-109G-6 to G-14

    A late G-6 was identical to a G-14. Really just a change in designation.
  3. Cool Hand

    Bf-109G-6 to G-14

    Jon, here is some info on Hartmann's plane, in case you have not come across it yet. http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2016/05/hptm-erich-hartmann-bf-109-g-6.html
  4. On to the main landing gear and speed brake bays. Academy engineered this kit with a center section between the main gear bays with the lower doors molded in place. You can see the center section along side the speed brake assembly. Dryfitting the speed brake and center section after some minor sanding to improve fit. Careful cutting was requited to separate the doors and leave them as usable parts. Unfortunately, Academy's decision to mold the lower doors to the center section resulted in front edge of the doors having a bevel and being off angle to the corresponding notch on the center section. After gluing the center section and speed brake to the fuselage, I test fitted the door to check fit and to troubleshoot the inner door problem. I will probably replace the inner doors with plastic card doors. Same for the rear auxiliary doors.
  5. Ok, so the fuselage is all buttoned up and the brass pipe can be inserted/removed with no issue and is lined up properly. Success. While I waited for the glue and Milliput to cure, I assembled the main wing assembly. The kit features separate leading edge slats, the outer portions have no locating pins/tabs so attaching them to the wing in less than ideal. My results were fine, but not perfect. Once the glue dried, I decided to close up the nose gear bay. Instead of using the doors from the kit. I decided to simply use a single piece of plasticard and scribe the lines into it. The lines were added before I attached the piece, but they do not show in the photos.
  6. Ooh, I'd love a new P-36 family. Love that plane in Finnish markings.
  7. I have not had much time at the bench over the last two months, but I did add a plastic strip to help correct that step. Problem solved. Plastic strip in place Pretty smooth now. I also determined how I'm going to mount this bird. I will anchor a section of aluminum pipe in a doughnut of Miliput in the aft fuselage. A hole in the rear engine plastic will center the tube and allow a brass pipe to pass through. The brass tube will be the support for the model and be curved and anchored to a wooden base. I plan to close the fuselage closed up with the support in place on Sunday.
  8. I'm psyched for the fillet-less early D-5 kit. I hope the gear doors fill well closed for an in-flight build.
  9. Don't forget the Slovaks
  10. There is not much in 1/72 for Tomcats, so these would be most welcome for many modelers, I think.
×
×
  • Create New...