Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Silenoz

Members
  • Content Count

    388
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silenoz

  1. every update, when you think no more superlatives can be said... you need to check for more. There are also smaller LED's then the one you use... the one you see on the tail is pretty large considering the model. there is also an possibility to sand the tip in shape, but don't touch the electrodes...
  2. don't know what to say, but I seem to just repeat myself... stunning work... where do you get all those reference pics?
  3. Nice, really, really nice....
  4. A good health from me too... It's an incredible amount of detail you are putting in this one, alone to make it all movable the same time... my deepest respect for this...
  5. Not yet, had a problem assembling the flakvierlings, so I've ordered a few from Veteran models, together with a rangefinder and other 20mm guns. Then life happened (read other projects while waiting) and some resulting damage (cats, lovely beasts) to this one that still is in need of repair and a restart of this project...
  6. the tamiya clear works fine to me, but I thin it with the lacquer thinner, this combo gives the smoothest result. Or I mix the clear directly in my color for spraying (when using gunze/tamiya)... saves a step and a few layers... Nice work on the model by the way, are those main landing gear parts aftermarket?
  7. how is this one coming along?
  8. Thx, not my best in the end, but still a bright appearance in the display case
  9. Looking good, did you make a kind of master/template to bend and drill these clamps?
  10. All around very nice result... It was a long journey, but in the end I hope you have found it worth... I can only say I enjoyed the ride and the end result...
  11. Nice work, very beautiful result and splendid explanation of you you obtained this result... thx, and congratz...
  12. Good luck sanding and filling... ever tried to compare the position of the openings to drawings? Just in case the Italeri dimensions are completely off...
  13. Finally some small progress: had some time to work on the main guns. Been looking for references, but that seemed a bit difficult. So I made some educational guesses: original: then I ordered some resin Italian 100 or 105mm guns: drew a new casemate on paper: and cut them out, hardened the paper with CA, weakened the fold-lines and made the casemates: The one on the left was a first try, but I forgot about the taper on the sideplates. When assembled in dryfit it looks like this: and two parts ready for paint, hope it will work out a bit:
  14. Nail to the head, but some people think it is an obligatory step...
  15. looking good... a bit weird that they don't close the bicycle lane off
  16. nice work, will you also lengthen the tail? As I recall the CMK-upgrade kit provides a plug for that, and also the dimensions for the wingstubs are different... Keep up the good work...
  17. I think it went down in the pipeline, and I hope it resurfaces, together with the Rubezh...
  18. well, a friend of mine (so no, it's not my model) still uses preshadow, but only on one side of the panelline... so he uses a lot of tape before applying it (good for me, I've bought some extra shares) and it gives a really nice result... One could compare it with the black and white technique...
  19. Think I followed these on scalemates, and just posting the finished pics without a word about the work you've put into this model doesn't gives the credits to the model that it deserves
×
×
  • Create New...