Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bashace

  1. Mike, glad to hear you still have the burner cans on the horizon, I will need at least 3 sets just for my current stash. May even get an extra set just for the cause. Anyways, I'm sure your release will be well received. Ron
  2. Anyone have any new developements with aftermarket cans? I've actually picked up 2 more kits (RF-101 and another F-101C) with great anticipation.
  3. Mark Cam Decals has them in 1/72 scale. camdecals(dot)com Ron
  4. Sent PM for 1/48 Cutting Edge SR-71 exhaust nozzles and decals
  5. all three have been joined together and the detail has been sanded off. Still have a lot of filling, sanding and shaping to do as well as rescribe. Fortunately, the entire project can be finished without the afterburners. Now that I know there may be a set available by the end of the year, work may procede.
  6. Harold, I just received my 1/32 F-8 bang seat, you do great work. I honestly believe more of these Voodoo's would get finished if there was an afterburner alternative available. The kit provides a lot of airplane for the money (which frees up more for aftermarket stuff) and it gets more oohs and ahs sitting in it's case unfinished than some of the other planes that are finished. I cannot provide good masters for the cans, but I would gladly contribute financially towards getting some, there are many talented modelers here on ARC. This is how my F-101 will sit until I find a solution for the
  7. Wow Spruemeister, I'm glad someone else shares my take on these things. Your cans look pretty good (not meant to sound bad), if I could get mine to look half as good as that I would stand up proudly and claim them as my own.
  8. I know this subject must have been visited in the past, a brief search on ARC hasn't provided much either. Does anybody out there working on aftermarket afterburner cans for this kit? I have found these to be the most laborsome part of building this kit (even more than the intake trunking) and it is holding me up from finishing the project. I get disgusted everytime I look at those cans just thinking how much time I have to put into them so they don't look like mechanical abortions, just not gonna do it. Heck, I would rather build a Testors B-2 kit than work these cans.
  9. I seen these guys at Sun-N-Fun some years back, never seen a more controlled lomcevak than the one the solo performer executed. Beautiful aircraft also.
  10. Spotted a Hawker Hunter FGA-9 with desert camo in QEAF markings wasting away at an airport.
  11. Roy, the "Thud" made it safe and sound, thanks again and I hope all the best for you. Ron
  12. I would gladly pay the refund to whoever can't wait for Roy to get better and mail out their package. Then when Roy gets around to it, he can ship me whatever you were buying. I don't personally know Roy, but I always do my homework before I buy from anyone online, and he has a rock solid reputation on this forum. Ron
  13. Jason, the F-4 made it safe and sound, nice packing by the way. Thanks again, Ron
  14. Ok, I've laughed enough, I'll take that Thud if it's still available for $115. PM on the way. Ron
  15. Ted, you do fantastic work, keep on truckin! Ron
  16. The gun bay bits are spoken for. Give em a good home Dave.
  17. Placed an order with SprueBros for the Vallejo paints I will need for the camo. As mentioned by RwKennard, I will not be using the Verlinden gun bay components, if anyone can use them in this GB I will mail them to you (no charge, just don't like to waste good stuff). Ron
  18. We're off and running, figured I would get the first line of nitnoid stuff done. Sprayed the inside of nacelles, gear doors, aft nacelle Verlinden pieces, and wheel hubs with Future to smooth them out a little. Once the Future was dry, shot some Talon Acrylic NM Aluminum to give me that bare metal finish. Also assembled the bombs, bomb bay, and stabs just to get them out of the way for now. Also started cleaning up the Verlinden resin pieces. That's all for todays mossie work, still gotta finish up some details on that F-111C.
  19. Thanks Ted, we all know Tamiya quality, so there is a good chance I will only use a few items from the aftermarket stash, just wanted to have them on hand just in case due to the amount of time it takes me to get stuff in the mail where I'm at. Hoping to nip into the first sprues this weekend, still researching what colors I need to get from the Vallejo-Air line to pull this off acurately? Ron
  20. Looking good Ted, like how you do a lot of preliminary work while the parts are still on the sprues, I don't have the self restraint to refrain from cutting the pieces free (got that habit as a kid and it just stuck with me). So far I guess we're the only ones doing Skeeters for this build. looking forward to next updates. Ron
  21. Woohoo! God bless the USPS! Time to get crackin!
  22. Feel like I'm slowly dying waiting for the Mosquito to arrive, since I work overseas, it takes a week to get stuff from Sprue Bros. Also have various aftermarket mods coming from all over the USA....sigh....maybe I can build a P-51 in the meantime.
  23. Andrew, thanks for the comment, I used Vallejo Dark Green for the dark color, had to add a few drops of black to it so that it would be closer to the recomended Model Master FS equivelant. The lighter green had to be lightened quite a bit so that it would contrast against the dark green and also match it's MM FS equivelant. The Earth color was sprayed out of the bottle without any mixing, all are Vallejo Air acrylics. V/r Ron
  • Create New...