Jump to content

Neil

Members
  • Content Count

    524
  • Joined

About Neil

  • Rank
    Step away from the computer!

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Recent Profile Visitors

6,828 profile views
  1. As Flickr is playing up now, just remembered I do have all the pics on my Facebook page in one of my Albums on there. I could provide a link?
  2. I would repost them using Flickr if I could, unfortunately I am having access problems with Flickr at the moment!
  3. Thanks for the comments. All of the livery scheme was masked and airbrushed, to achieve the fading from one colour to the next, using Humbrol enamels. The very narrow pinstripes were sliced from coloured decal sheets and also cut with a compass cutter. The circular 'Icarus' emblem on the fin I printed at home on clear decal sheet because the kit one is awful and not worth using (I printed six copies of that emblem, to ensure I had a few spares to play with, which is the pic that shows them next to the terrible kit decal sheet .... what there is of the kit decal sheet!).
  4. Made from the 1/144 Roden kit, oversized kit engines replaced with my own one-off resin ones, livery scheme achieved with home-made decals and lots of airbrushing/masking and hand cutting decal sheet. Painted using Humbrol enamels, except the metal-finish on the engenes which are in Alclad. Fuselage transparencies were not used for the cabin windows, these were achieved by using Kristal Kleer instead.
  5. Ah!! Those videos bring back ALOT of memories, I remember all of that kind of thing oh-so-well ....
  6. In formation with Vulcan XH535 ....
  7. Thanks for the comments again, much appreciated. :) B)
  8. No, they were not the same, they were two completely different companies and two totally different conversions. The Paragon conversion was for the RAF T2. (I am the owner of Paragon Designs). This is the Paragon RAF T2 conversion set: This is a Jaguar T4 (using my own RAF T2 conversion) which I built a few years ago: Neil. B)/>
  9. Paragon never made a Jaguar E conversion. Neil. B)/>
  10. Very nearly finished, just a few minor things to sort out. Also made a simple base to display it on. B)/>
  11. Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. :)/> Forward fuselage is now sprayed Orange also, again with a heavier coat on the underside and a lighter coat on the top surface to simulate fading which so often happens with Fluorescent colours on aircraft, as in pics of the real 'plane. The coat of Orange was also rubbed down carefully (with Alclad polishing cloths) which also enhances the faded look as the Yellow undercoat begins to show through. I must be honest here and state that this was not entirely my own idea to simulate the faded look, it was suggested to me by 'dehowie' in another
  12. Progress so far, most of the Fluorescent Orange is now on, although the wing leading edges and nacelles have a fuller, heavier coat than the fin, upper tailplane surfaces, upper drop-tank surfaces because these appear to have a more worn and faded appearance in all of the photo's that I have of this aircraft at that time. The forward fuselage is also about to receive a faded/worn coat of Orange too. All surfaces which are eventually to have a final finish of Orange were firstly given a coat of Humbrol Lemon Yellow as an undercoat. Orange tends to apply very well on top of a yellow undercoa
  13. That's pretty much standard procedure for high-quality, high-shine Alclad metal finishes. I generally do not bother with a Gloss Black undercoat for flatter, duller metalic finishes. B)
  14. I had not used that shade before either, I was rather surprised how bright and shiny it turned out. It looks remarkably chrome-like!! (I had made sure that the Gloss Black was nice and smooth and glossy before applying the Alclad though). B)/>
×
×
  • Create New...