Jump to content

Pascal D

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Pascal D

  • Rank
    Canopy Polisher
  • Birthday 01/16/1970

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Houthalen Belgium
  • Interests
    Ferraris, Supermarine Spitfires, large scale aircraft
  1. Hi Manfred, I'm a big fan of this build. It takes quite a while to read all 131 pages, but it is very interesting and I'm learning a lot. Have started my first ever 1/144 Revell Space Shuttle stack build, using your build (and the one from Crowe-t) as a guide. Hope to post photos of my progress soon. Keep up the stunning work. Sincerely Pascal
  2. Excellent Joel ! You turned this kit into a beauty. Sincerely Pascal
  3. Not much spare time lately, but I've managed to spend an hour behind my modelling desk. The F-15 has a some tubes, wires and things to the left and right of the pedals. With plasticard, sprue and soldering wire, I made this. The left one is ready, the tubes on the right one need to be cut to size : A dryfit shows the little details : But when everything is installed, very little will remain visible : The sides of the bathtub are rough, these will received very thin pieces of plasticard. Sincerely Pascal
  4. The space between the seats and the sidewalls still wasn't good. So I cut off the sidewalls : "Look mama, it's a convertible" : Glued everything back together, the sidewalls have been moved 1 mm inward : Now the space between the chairs and the sidewalls is OK : Sincerely Pascal
  5. The sidewalls of the cockpit will be widened with more plasticard : I also drilled out all the holes for the instruments : Both seats got their rails and I've started to add the first details. Front seat : Rear seat : Both seats dryfitted in the cockpit hub : The seats are attached to the rear bulkheads in a different way. For the front seat I've made 2 square holes that will hold the brackets : Sincerely Pascal
  6. Did some work on the cockpit. The rear one was modified a few weeks ago : But then I decided to go into overdrive. Used PE-saw and my Dremel to remove some plastic of the area in front of the front instrumentpanel. The floor was lowered and boxed in with plasticard. The sides will also be boxed in after I've added some tubes and wires : The floor is now in 3 parts. The sides are a little higher up, the part in the middle is lowered : This middle part will receive my rudder panel construction. The 4 holes in each panel were drilled : I need 3 for both kits, so I made all 3 at the
  7. And thinned the plastic around the large holes that hold the engines : This makes these holes a little better so I can glue the exhaust tubes INSIDE the holes instead of butt glueing them to the outside of the holes. To do this I enlarged the diameter of the tubes with plasticard : A dryfit (the inverted U-shaped cutouts will be opened up) : The diameter of the exhausts was sanded smaller so it fits inside the holes : Work has started on the cockpit. The throttles were cut out and will be moved more to the inside. Thanks for the tip Bruce : The resin seats are narrower then the
  8. Thanks Jacob. Update : The two fuselage halves (top and bottom) have been glued together, the gaps were filled with CA + flour and Tamiya Extra Thin Cement : The hole for the canon was filled : The triangles at the front of the air inlets fit poorly. I can blaim Revell, but it's my own fault. All the rivetting (and dropping the fuselage parts a few times on the floor !) has somewhat altered the shape of the plastic fuselage parts. A bit of dryfitting and some plastic strips ... : ... and they fit nicely : I added some more rivets :
  9. Very nice work Joel. The cockpit and intakes look great. Sincerely Pascal
  10. Update : The resin engine fans were sprayed with primer and silver from a spraycan using this template I bought for my homework in school (30 years ago !). The template leaves a nice clean ring for the CA-glue : The fans were then glued to the backside of the intakes : And with a generous amount of Revell Contacta both intakes were glued to the fuselage : The tube for the JSF received a piece of plasticard to give it some extra strength, the little black plastic squares are there to cover the big vents in the underside of the fuselage. The white pieces of plasticard on both sides wil
  11. Nice project and very nice progress. Thank you for the very good pics. If you don't mind I will use your pics as reference for my F-15 builds. Sincerely Pascal
  12. Nice project and very nice progress. Thank you for the very good pics. If you don't mind I will use your pics as reference for my F-15 builds. Sincerely Pascal
  13. The plastic landing gear of the kit is very weak. The metal replacement is a lot stronger, but I didn't like the way it was supposed to be fixed to the underside of the fuselage. No hole to insert the leg of the gear, it's just butt glued. I drilled a hole in the underside of the gear bay : Glued a piece of 4 mm plasticard to inside of the bay and drilled the hole through the plasticard : The legs of the main gear were also drilled and a piece of brass tubing was glued in the hole : The brass tube can then be inserted in the hole in the wheel bay : It's offset a little bit to the
  14. Had some problems with the intakes. Those of the two-seater got one coat of latex and looked like this : The intakes from this kit received 2 coats of latex which gave a very rough finish with lots of small bumps. After a few hours of sanding I sprayed a coat of white, but the paint from the spraycan had all kinds of dried pieces of paint, the finish looked like sand. A few more hours of sanding gave this result : After two coats of white putty from a spraycan the surface is finally smooth : Sincerely Pascal
  15. The metal landing gear is an exact copy of the Revell landing gear. Main gears have a one piece strut with 3 parts that need to be glued to the strut.
  • Create New...