Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About boney_king

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Minsk, Belarus
  1. So, here's the next update. The build is moving very slowly but at least it's moving along ;) Meanwhile I've built the PE cockpit from Part set. These add a very good level of detail (although absolutely anything can be better than this kit :) ): Also I've scratch built instrument panel plates - the ones from the kit are to small for PE parts. I ordered Neomega KK-1 resin seats to replace those from the kit - with some modifications they should be fine for TS-11. Part provide a nice detail for cockpit walls: Also I had a chance to work on wings. I decided to rescribe all panel lines since OOB they are very blurred and crooked. I use CA glue as a putty to fill the panel lines - it dries fast and easy to scribe on. The upper side is ready and the lower is waiting for it's turn. Also I sanded absolutely horrible grills from the wings and will replace it with PE parts. Also I drilled a hole for a custom-made landing lamp. That's all for now. The next part is final assembly of the cockpit and painting it. BTW if someone can give a hint a cockpit coloring - that would be great ;) I found some cockpit photos here: http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/poland/ts-11/index.htm but it's still not very clear what color to use. PS Sorry for dark photos
  2. Hi everyone! I've decided to join this GB with a kit I've bought long time ago: 1/72 MasterCraft TS-11 "White & Red Iskry". According to WikipediaBialo-Czerwone Iskry ("White-and-Red Sparks") is an aerobatic demonstration team of the Polish Air Forces. Originally formed in 1969 at the 60 Training Wing in Radom under the name Rombik, the team flew four TS-11 Iskras. The team grew to nine pilots between 1993 and 1998 and was rebased to the 1 Air Training Centre in Dęblin. Currently the team flies 7 planes. I gonna build one of them. BTW this is my first GB so wish me luck ;) The quality of the kit is pretty poor: plastic is very soft and crispy with plenty of caverns and deformations. Test-fitting proves there's lot's of work to do: Level of detail is disappoints as well, but I hope Part PE will help me with this :) Some photos of the kit parts: Anyway with notable and colorful markings this aerobatic aircraft should look well in the end, let's get started!
  3. The underside should be the usual RLM 76, at least the only book- Monogram Close Up series 20 - says so :)
  4. Sebastijan, HOLMES, thanks for your support, I'll do my best to make a decent model ;) The next thing I've done are the chassis wells. The variant Special Hobby provided has nothing similar with the original configuration. From thick styrene I've made new well walls, glued them to one half of the wing and cutting with a knife step by step achieved a perfect fit of the wing halves without gaps. After that I carefully patched up all the gaps with a putty, sanded, then sprayed with a primer to reveal surface defects. The result: I used Mr. Surfacer 1000 as a primer and must admit that I like Tamiya primer more: it's not as stinky and has better coverage rate then Mr. Hobby's product. Also I've sanded chassis wells' bearing frame and looking at the photos made a new one out of thick foil stripes: Huge radiators coming next! To be continued...
  5. Hello, guys. Let'me introduce my first WIP thread where I'll cover the build of my 4th model. You can take a look at the sprue photos here (google translate from Russian). There's no much information about the prototype, only Monogram CloseUp series book, some scanned drawings and factory drawings. Photos from internet for sure. A quick comparison with the drawings revives unfavorable results: the geometry and some constructive decisions Special Hobbyy provided is wrong (I'll cover the details further in this thread). I started with the fuselage. The nose part is noticeably pulled up, the sulution is easy: just sand the tubes off (anyway I want to open the engine :)), cut the fuselage in halves and glue it properly. After the tubes are sanded one can notice a significant sagging of the fuselage sides, this can be easily fixed with a putty (Milliput is my favorite, but with one shortcoming - it dries for a long time). The result: After that I positioned the fuselage properly just on the drawings and glued the halves together with CA, sprinkled it with soda - the glue hardens much faster and becomes stronger. Filled the gaps with putty an voilà , the result: After the fuselage had been glued I noticed that the right node part is more than 1mm longer comparing to the left one. Though this annoying thing is easily fixed with a file. To be continued...
  6. Absolutely amazing work, one can't even say it's 1/72 scale
  7. Fantastic looking turbines and chassis! Welcome back to modelling world! :lol:
  8. The first photo looks like a real one airplane. Excellent build
  9. Hello, everyone and thanks for all your replies! HOLMES, I hope I will enjoy it Launnie, concerning to this article these are not ailerons, but elevons which are commonly used in tail-less design and can be both pulled down simultaneously (if we believe wikipedia, since I know absolutely nothing in aerodynamics or whatever ) Tricose, it would be interesting for me to see some modern designs either.
  10. Hello everyone. Let me introduce you my third model: Baynes Bat from czech manufacturer Jach in 1/72 scale. The Baynes Bat was an experimental glider of the Second World War, designed by L.E. Baynes. It was used to test the tailless design that he had suggested as a means to convert tanks into temporary gliders so they could be flown into battle. You can read more about the prototype here or here, and a nice review of the kit's here. Now, some photos. All your opinions and critiques are welcome :)
  • Create New...