Jump to content

Van Buren Boys

Members
  • Content Count

    99
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Van Buren Boys

  • Rank
    Canopy Polisher

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  1. Thanks Ryan & Berkut! It would seem I used the Arma Models mask: https://arma-models.ru/catalog/bumazhnye_maski/am72135_maska_okrasochnaya_dlya_novogo_su_57_7319_dlya_sozdaniya_kamuflyazha_okhotnik_1_72/ The mask material is quite a bit thicker than say Tamiya tape, but still very flexible. Overall I was very pleased with the mask. There were times the pieces did not line up exactly and I had to cut some tape to bridge the gap, but that was easy enough to handle. And yes that is the Arma S-70 resin kit. As far as building a serial frame, I'm w
  2. Greetings! I have recently completed Zvezda's Su-57 model in 1/72 scale. I chose Bort 053 for it's different digital camo pattern: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9443536 I used a camo mask from eBay, the ResKit engines (https://reskit.com.ua/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=676), some Eduard cockpit details, numerous decals (Zvezda, Begemot, and Wolfpak), and added a couple antennas that seem particular to this jet. Paints were mostly Model Master with the light blue being a custom mix attempting to match pictures. Here are some p
  3. Thanx Ken! I got this set of pens (0.2mm) from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DS6SRZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I only used the blue, brown, and black pens (and the black was just to go over the brown while it was still wet to darken it a bit). Oh, and I also applied lots of Tamiya weather pigments before and after.
  4. Greetings! After a long break from building, I was inspired last year by Haneto's 1/48 PLAAF Su-35 build: So, I dug out my Hasegawa 1/72 version and dove back in. And naturally as I was nearing completion of the model I learned of the upcoming 1/72 GWH version. 🤦‍♂️ Paints were a custom mix, decals from Begemot, the spares box, and a couple were printed at home. Here are the final results: I used Haneto's method for the engines using the Pigma markers (definitely better results than my previous
  5. Homemade using a silhouette Portrait cutter. Very useful tool. More info here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/275658-mask-making-with-silhouette-portrait/& Just plain grey 78271. I had wanted to do the splinter camo, but I also wanted serial numbers and when I painted the tails, there were only pics of 78271... I may build 78273 or 78274 in the future.
  6. It's the newer boxing, but the low-viz markings were airbrushed using a stencil:
  7. Almost finished with the newer J-20 model: I will have a write up in the Display Case section when i have time to finish it later this month.
  8. ¡¡Thank you all for the kind words!!
  9. The canopy frame is just a piece of electrical tape on the inside.
  10. Thanx for the kind words! The Paint Mixer app is called iModelKit. Basically you can select any color from a number of sources (FS, Testors, ..., even from a picture in your camera roll) and you then select up to three colors and click the calculator icon, and the app figures out the proportions to match the color of interest. Very, very handy.
  11. Greetings! I have just finished up Fujimi's F-35B using new decals from Caracal Models. As with my F-35C, I used a custom mix of paint like so: And also like the F-35C, there was a lot of masking to do, a pain to be sure, but I am pleased with the results. On to the pictures:
  12. Awesome! My B model (and future A models) are looking forward to it!
×
×
  • Create New...