Jump to content

Devo

Members
  • Content Count

    91
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Devo

  1. That's RAAFie's for you....all arse....no class!!
  2. G'day All, Well another one done to hang from the ceiling. All OOB and brushed painted with Humbrol enamels. I did use a rattle can for the clear coat though. Cheers, Devo
  3. Your Wally Wessex is looking good so far!
  4. What……. you got a care package? You lucky SOB.πŸ˜„ I got divorce papers after one 6 month trip!
  5. A shout out to Dave Roof for helping me out with sourcing a set of decals and then posting said same to me Downunder, all for a very very reasonable price. Thanks Mate
  6. G'day I saw olive drab on top and black underneath main rotors. Some had white tail rotors with black stripes. The helo's sure weren't painted red, might look red in a certain light but trust me, they were like an International orange colour. I was there during OP BELISI in 1997,1998 & 1999, aboard HMAS Tobruk LSH 50.
  7. Nice one mate!🚁 You will have to do a blue/white Royal Australian Navy 206B-1 next.
  8. Thanks mate. Yes the red tubing came with the kit as well as clear for the fuel lines and black for the brake cables. They also give you some weird gray tubing for the handgrip's, which is a real PITA to get on as the diameter of the clip on's is way bigger than the diameter of the weird gray tubing.......s'pose they can't make it too easy for us Devo
  9. G'day All, I thought I would put up a few pic's of my latest in progress build. Hopefully it's starting to resemble an MV Agusta 500cc 4 cylinder GP bike from the 1960's. It's all OOB and brush painted. I left off the front mudguard as I saw a pic of this bike racing without it, so why not. I just have the fuel tank, seat and fairing to go and it will be finished. Cheers, Devo
  10. All good looking builds! That Eggplant Flanker is sweet.
  11. Thanks Calum. I used Humbrol 98 for the top and sides and Humbrol 121 for underneath. My plywood panels where an experiment......I used Humbrol 93 as a base and then used some no name brand burnt sienna colour applied to get the wood grain effect then applied Tamiya clear orange over it all and....that's what I ended up with. For the prop hub I used the same colour base coat as the plywood panels but used coloured pencils to draw the laminations on and then covered with the clear orange...job done. Easy for me too do using hairy sticks.......dunno about you airbrus
  12. The big scale one will be easier to build IMHO. Have fun.
  13. Thankyou, WNW are great kits to build. I had 0 interest in 1/32 WW1 aircraft until I decided to try these kits, a decision I've not regretted.
  14. G'day All, I'm calling this one as of now done. It's my take on the aircraft "flung" off HMAS Sydney between July - October 1918. Built OOB and rigged with Ez-Line. It's my third WNW kit. I experienced a bit of trouble with the decals cracking but other than that, any other dramas were of my own making. Apologies for the picture quality....one day I'll learn to take better ones....and today isn't it! Devo P.S. Rigging that little bullet fairing in the 2nd last pic was.......interesting
  15. G'day All,This is my latest completion, Italeri's 1/9 Manx Norton. Not a bad kit TLAR to me when finished and is as close as I'll ever get to owning a real Manx Norton. Brush painted with Humbrol and Tamiya enamels. No apologies for the pic's, they are spot on to my usual crappy standard!Cheers,Devo
  16. G'day All. I just finished this one up Saturday 'arvo. It's the Revell repop of the Skunkmodels MQ-9 Reaper. Painted with the hairy stick using Humbrol and Tamiya enamels, aftermarket and kit decals and a sewing needle pitot(cause I busted the plastic one!) The Hellfires are from a Hasegawa Apache, the LGB's are from the kit. Photography up to my usual very ordinary standard.:thumbs-up: Cheers, Devo
  17. Thanks Shan. No my avatar pic is of my Triumph Thruxton.
×
×
  • Create New...