Jump to content

Fighting Eighty-Four

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Fighting Eighty-Four

  • Rank
    Callsign Victory
  • Birthday February 11

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Akron, OH

Recent Profile Visitors

9,159 profile views
  1. Thanks Jeff! My next project is something out of left field, for me, at least. Not my usual stuff... 🙂
  2. Thank you Roberto, I appreciate the kind words~ Thanks Ryan, I always appreciate you feedback! Thanks Gregg!
  3. Hi Everyone! Back once again with my latest completed project, this time the 1/48 Hasegawa A-7E Corsair II in VA-86 Sidewinders markings circa 1978 aboard the USS Nimitz. I have always been attracted to this scheme ever since seeing it in the movie "The Final Countdown". Really love the huge orange diamond on the spine aft of the cockpit. Used the Aires cockpit on this, and the fit is pretty much perfect. Highly recommended for this kit. Also used the Meng Short Range Missiles set for the Sidewinders, Hasegawa Weapons Set A for the mk. 82s, and Hasegawa Weapons Set
  4. Not sure if the forum update cured the problem or I got lucky with the format of my latest Display Case post, but it appears that the issue may be resolved. I was able to make a topic using the same copy and paste text I used previously that caused the error to occur.
  5. Hi all! Here is my latest completed project, the Hasegawa F-14B Tomcat of VF-103 Jolly Rogers aboard the USS Dwight D Eisenhower in 1998. This project is the only one I have ever started that I did not finish straight through. I finished the cockpit put then put the build on hold as a deadline for an IPMS club contest approached, so I moved on to another project that fit into the theme of that contest. It stayed on hold for over a year before I decided to go back to it as part of an F-14 Group Build on Scalemates. As you know, this is the notorious Hasegawa Tomcat.
  6. Thanks Specter! Thanks so much Ryan! Helicopters are a bit tougher for me to build, but I am trying to build more of them and they seem to get a little easier for me after each one. No prob! Thanks Night Owl! I really love the look of the folded rotors but with the non-folded tail. Probably not a very likely configuration, but it looks cool! Thanks P&P! Yeah, the riveting job is very daunting because there are just so many! I had never done it before, but it got easier as I went once I figured ou
  7. This has been an issue for awhile now and has been experience by a few of us...
  8. Oooooh DO WANT! I sure hope this gets the Zvezda Yak-130 treatment and not the recent Hind attempt at detail... Either way, though, this is on my wishlist for sure.
  9. Thanks Dylan! Thanks C2j! I do like the black background for my pics, although I agree for a dark subject like this it may not be the best choice. Sometimes I go for artsy style photos and admit that may not be the best for showing the model. Thanks Curt! I look forward to seeing you build it. It really is a great kit! Thanks Rocketdrvr! I did do a WIP album on Scalemates, it can be seen here: https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=16625&p=albums&album=58025
  10. Oh wow, that cockpit looks AMAZING! I built this kit somewhat recently, but definitely did not do the detail work you are doing, mine was mostly just an OOB in-flight build. I do have the remnants of the TwoBobs Langley Raptors sheet, if you would be interested in that, although I am not sure how much useful is left as far as stencils and whatnot.
  11. I tried to type two more paragraphs in my original post but they gave me errors. I will try to post them here: I used some aftermarket for this kit. Some Eduard exterior photoetch, Wolfpack MH-53E update set, and Res-kit refueling boom. The decals were mostly OOB and Vulcan 552 specific decals came from the Wolfpack set. All decals from both manufacturers performed flawlessly. I was very impressed. The only issue I had was the kit supplied walkway decals are a rather light gray, and from the pics I saw they should be either black or faded to almost the color of the rest of th
  12. Hi all! After about 3 months, this one is finally finished! The 1/48 Academy MH-53E Sea Dragon from HM-14 Vanguard, callsign "Vulcan 552", circa 2013. This aircraft was destroyed in an accident in June 2012, but with no injuries or fatalities luckily. I have wanted to build this kit for quite some time, but wanted to wait until I felt my abilities were high enough to do it justice. Well that time is now! The Academy kit is really quite nice, great detail, and it really fits very nice everywhere. I used very little putty on this build. But there is one big achilles
  • Create New...