Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About marcopreto

  • Rank
    Canopy Polisher

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  1. Here are a few photos of the model presently on my workbench. It's Revell's 1:144 F-16C boxing, that I am using to build an Israeli F-16 A, used during Op. Opera. The kit includes all the parts to build a A model, but the Mk 84 2000pds bombs, used in that operation, are not. Although there are 1:144 Mk 84 bombs in the aftermarket offerings, I decided to build them from scratch, turning the bomb casings from brass rod and building the fins out of brass sheet (0.12mm thick). At this scale, they are only 26 mm long. I hope to post more soon. Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  2. Boeing 767-300 American Airlines (1:144)

    Thank you all for your kind comments. The bare metal is a combination of AlcladII Polished Aluminium and Chrome (some panels also got a filter layer, using AMMO PLW or AMMO filters). The Greys over the wings/stabilizers are also from AMMO, from their acrylic paint range ( light grey A.MIG-209 and grey A.MIG-059). Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  3. F-101b Vodoo Revell 1/72

    I'll be surely following this build! Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  4. EA-18G Growler

    Thanks! If only I knew that story while I was painting it! Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  5. EA-18G Growler

    What I thought would be a quick project (a few weeks, a month at most) ended up taking a few days more than a year! Long hours at work and a few other modelling projects took all the momentum out of this build and just recently, I got interested in it again and finally completed it yesterday. Here are a few photos of the completed model: It was built using Revell's 1:144 EA-18G Growler. I hope you like it Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  6. F-14A VF-84 Jolly Rogers

    Uau indeed! Very nice model! If a may add something, it is regarding your photos: if your camera allows, try taking the photos with smaller aperture (use a high f/stop) as it will increase your depth of field (that way, ideally, you'll get the whole model in focus). I hope it helps and congratulations on an amazing model. Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  7. Here are some photos of a model completed a while ago for the spanish publication "The Weathering Aircraft" issue number 5 "Metallics" http://www.migjimenez.com/en/71-the-weathering-aircraft). It is Zvezda's 767-300 kit with only minor additions/modifications. I hope you like it. Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  8. Sukhoi T-50-5R PAK-FA (finished 01.08.2017)

    Hi Seb: I'm eagerly following your updates! All the best Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  9. Here are a few photos of the early stages of this build. The trailing edges of the wings, elevator and rudder were thinned down, as well as the exhaust nozzles of the engine. The intake side of the engines was also smoothed out. All small antennas were removed to be replaced with scratchbuilt items. The lower fuselage stabilizers will be replaced by plastic card items (much thinner than the supplied parts) and I'm also thinking of replacing the gear legs and gear doors with scratch built items. The windows were polished but still need some work as they do not compare well with photos of the real thing. Besides this small issues the kit as been falling together with little effort as the part's fit is near perfect (the engines are just placed, not glued in the following photo). I hope to have more to show soon. Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  10. SB-17 G Portuguese Air Force

    Completed a few days ago, here is a simple, clean model of a Portuguese Air Force SB-17 G, displaying the last colour scheme used by the few aircrafts that performed Search & Rescue mission in Azores in the late 50's. It was built using the Academy 1:72 model. I hope you like it. Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  11. Rotodyne (1:144 Anigrand)

    Here are some photos of the completed model. It is another "bonus" model, included in their Sentinel R.1 1:144 box. It's livery is not accurate because I did some mistakes in my research. For it to be accurate the name Westland should be replaced by Fairey! It's a nice model, that I've used to tryout some natural metal finish techniques (and it was also fun). Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  12. New 1/144 project!

    Brilliant stuff! Can not wait to see more! Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  13. X-29 (Dragon 1:144)

    Here are some photos of this little model. This gem was a joy to build. I only regret not using a lighter colour to mark most of the panel lines. Next time, over white, I'll try using a sharp pencil. I hope you like it. Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  14. X-29 (Dragon 1:144)

    Here are a few photos of the final stages of this little build. All panel lines were picked up using PLW light grey. Next time I'm marking panel lines over white, I'll try using a very sharp pencil or a even lighter colour. The nose sensors were somewhat detailed using brass tube and copper wire. After some coats of satin varnish, removing the masks and painting the last details, the model is completed. I hope you like it. Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com
  15. A-4E....Mig-17

    Brilliant stuff! Can not wait for more updates! Cheers Marco Preto http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com