Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About CaptainObvious

  • Rank
    "Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

Profile Information

  • Gender
  1. Yet another 1/48 Tamiya F-14A (updated 21 Feb)

    Hey all, Thanks to GW's info, I punched up some vinyl discs, painted and stuck them onto the end of the missiles. Moving onto the aft end, the exhaust interiors were painted off white and weathered with the Tamiya weathering pastels. The turbine and afterburner rings were painted MM Burnt Iron. I left them shiny so you could see them a little down the tube. I had difficulty deciding on the colors to paint the nozzles. Looking at photos, they all seem to weather differently resulting in a whole gamut and combination of colors. Anyway, this is the result. Nozzle colors from top end to bottom were painted: MM exhaust, MM titanium, Mr Hobby Super Stainless and Mr Hobby Super Iron. These were weathered with Tamiya smoke and their weathering pastels. Finally I used a flat coat to knock down the sheen. Installed. Thanks for stopping by!
  2. A-7E Corsair II - Hasegawa 1/48

    Your attention to detail is crazy!
  3. Airfix 1/48 scale Hawker Hurricane Mk 1

    Oh you're putting this one together quick. Nice detail work!
  4. 1/32 trumpeter A-7E in flight

    Holy crap! I thought they were pics of the real thing! Very convincing and nicely photographed I really enjoyed the WIP too. Thanks for sharing.
  5. A pair of Delta F-14 Tomcats

    Nice job Darren. They both turned out nice!
  6. Revell 1/48 F-18E VFA-115 Eagles

    Very nice paintwork and weathering. Nailed it!
  7. 1:48 Sopwith Dolphin Tangmere 1918

    Nicely rigged, unique subject. The pilot and the display really ties it all together.
  8. Eduard 1/48 Bf 109G-2

    Love the unique camo and the subtle convincing weathering!
  9. 1/48 F/A-18F VX-23, SD223

    Beautiful. Really nice weathering.
  10. F-18A+ Splinter Aggressor

    That's really lovely work Jorge. Love the scheme. The color demarcation for the decals must've been really tricky but you have nailed it!
  11. 1/48 Mikoyan MiG-31BS 'Foxhound'

    Simply gorgeous!
  12. 1/48 Hobby Boss Su-30MK2 Venezuela AF

    Oh my goodness! That's some incredible talent Gianni! Crazy good
  13. Pre-shading

    Well said!
  14. Yet another 1/48 Tamiya F-14A (updated 21 Feb)

    Hi Joel, Good and bad for sure. In the old days, ignorance was bliss and everything got built much quicker. To my mind's eye, those models were great as I had nothing to compare them to. Modelling back then was less stressful. These days, with so much access to information and pics, I tend to fuss about getting things right. Building pace slows right down and I would dare admit that sometimes the stress does too. Can't say that I would go back to the old days though. Learning from the community can't be beat and talking to like minded people from around the world is amazing!
  15. Yet another 1/48 Tamiya F-14A (updated 21 Feb)

    Hey Janissary! First off, I want to emphasise that this kit is a pleasure to build. More so than any other kit I have built so far. The surface detail is just right and the fit is great. That said, I will oblige and list some MINOR issues. 1. The windshield is molded together with part of the forward fuselage. This is nice as it removes the risk of glue marring the windshield. However, some effort is required to blend in the piece to the fuselage. As it stands, it sits a little proud. 2. There are some faint seams from multi part molds that need to be removed along the aft fuselage. I didn't notice them until after initial paint. 3. The afterburner section (part K3) is molded with one end closed off. This makes it a little difficult to paint. I opened it up. 4. I wish the exterior part the engine (parts K8 & K9, near the elevators) were molded separately from the aft fuselage. It makes it a little fussy to paint and mask. Finally, I do see that there is a slight difference between the Hasegawa and the Tamiya nose. I'm no expert but they both look okay me. I hope that helps. Thanks for stopping by!