Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About paulsbrown

  • Rank
    Rivet Counter

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

6,019 profile views
  1. Getting the cockpits up to speed. The HB one needs to be fully rebuilt behind the seat. I didn't quite do that but made it look a lot more accurate and it pairs well with the Collect-Aire now.
  2. I bought the Collect-Aire resin YF-23 when it came out, I think in 2002. Big price, big box and some big hunks of resin, it was awesome. Although well designed and molded it did require extra skills and I was fairly new to resin, I think at that point I had made a handful of resin kits including Collect-Aire's MiG-19, which was fairly straightforward. For those who never built any kits by this company the detail and quality differed substantially. Their YF-23 was good however, good cockpit, decent shape, metal gear, rubbish missiles and wheels and a good attempt on the decal sheet (it had dec
  3. Good point, here's hoping because I want a couple of the damn things.
  4. Lots of really nice detail and yet the wrong cockpit instrument panels. It baffles me. Those are right for the Su-30s, wrong for Su-30SMs and MKIs.
  5. Nice! Excellent interior work (I'm making a MH-60A and know there's nothing in the cabin) and painting. Great scheme too.
  6. Thank you Sergey, that was perfect. Here's a little info on the paint he mentioned: https://en.decorexpro.com/emali/ep-140/
  7. Thanks! I'll have to photograph all my 1/48 Flankers one day, I think I have done about a dozen, half of them Sol conversions.
  8. He told me "An apology for communicating so far, the reason was that one of the people who help me was infected by Covid and in turn the workshop was contaminated and even the cel stayed there, just the Yesterday they came from the health sector to carry out the sanitation of the workshop, fortunately also the people who are apollandome are well as the person who was infected, from tomorrow we resume activities"
  9. Have you tried within the last week? I recently had a message from him, he had an employee who tested positive for Covid 19 way back and only was just recently able to return and have it cleaned.
  10. These sets will get you there, they have the different forward fuselage, canards and larger tails etc for the Su-27Ms (Su-35/37). https://www.scalemates.com/kits/wolfpack-design-wp48165-su-35-super-flanker-conversion-set--239436 https://www.scalemates.com/kits/sol-model-mm062-su-35-37--1087299 I prefer the Sol but the Wolfpack is good and probably easier to get ahold of. I used the Academy kit as the base but I still have a Sol and a Wolfpack conversion sets and I would use the much newer HobbyBoss next time, I did some comparisons and they look compatible. Either w
  11. Here's one that was downed in China
  12. It's not a two seater but it might help you on your way, maybe ask Haneto if he's got one planned.
  13. I had used Xtracolours MiG-29 gray on a kit (which is more like light gull gray) and later that year I saw some Russian ones at Farnborough with the gray/green camo and thought the gray was much cooler than mine and more like a dark ghost gray.
  14. I feel a lot better about the size of my stash now. Thank you.
  • Create New...