https://flic.kr/s/aHskPzpb4E I had a really fun time working on this one. It took me quite along time to complete it. I spent some long hours fixing the shortcomings in the kit. The main rotor head was the one item in the kit that needed the most attention. The nasty panel on the tail boom was the second major area I gave attention too. I purchased some aftermarket weapons from Live Resin. It is the best I've seen on the market. The minigun that came with the kit was comically out of scale. I also replaced the .50 cal. The PE that comes with the kit is beyond awesome. Saves a lot of time on painting. I covered the quilted material in the cargo compartment with plastic sheet. I also added scrap PE to the walls for additional detail.
I added sandpaper to the landing skids to simulate a non slip texture, along with tow brackets. I purchased some gold foil from a party supply store to cover the disco ball. I had to scratch build rails for the gun mounts above the 2.75" rocket pods. The model was painted with Testors Model Master Enamels. After the decals were applied, and sealed, I did a pin wash with artist oils thinned with mineral spirits. I mixed lamp black, and titanium white for the wash. I wanted to thank the guys in my model club (Military Modelers Club of Louisville), along with Brian and Martin at Scale Reproductions Hobby Store for their support and logistical assistance. Some fantastic people.