Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

S4Simon

Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About S4Simon

  • Rank
    Snap-Together
  • Birthday 02/04/1967

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Adelaide, Australia
  • Interests
    F1, Red cars, military modelling

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. The computer shuts down the motors in the same sequence as startup. The weights cause the motors to stop in a different sequence and better aligns with the soundtrack.
  2. OK we're all done. 200 hours to complete the diorama. Grass has been dulled down and all the wiring is now hidden, and still works. Vids to follow. Thanks for all your kind comments along the way. 🙂
  3. Laying the turf tonight. Tomorrow I'll try and dull it down a bit due to it being a little heavy on the GREEN side. PS - Advice on using 40 year old decals. Don't. They just turn to dust when you touch them.
  4. Mid week progress. Weights added to props and test run okay. Lighting testing okay. Might do a small adjustment to one of the props and then I can put them all on properly. Then starts the weathering and work on the diorama base. Added a few pics and a short vid at the bottom. 🙂 https://youtu.be/lP_gm1ELFNc
  5. A lot of testing this weekend. Making sure not to sever any wires as I sealed up the fuselage. Good news is that it all still works. Fuselage painting complete. Oh - and I went with green under the canopy 🙂 Next weekend I can start on fitting the gun turrets, tail plane and bomb bay.
  6. Interesting. I didn’t pick that up. I’ll investigate. I also have a problem with the props rotating in the wrong direction, but that’s a little harder to fix as the motors are pulse width modulated, so it’s not as simple as reversing the polarity.
  7. Fuselage works have commenced. Become very fiddly now. Wing Wiring has been fed into the fuselage, and now its just a mumble jumble rats nest of wiring. Next weekend is making it all pretty - the wiring that is. And I'll feed it all through a new hole behind the tail wheel. 4 Months of work completed, only 2 months to go before completion.
  8. Wing update - They're pretty much finished. Using a masking kit so as not to have to use the supplied 40 year old decals. Next weekend I'll start on the fuselage.
  9. Thanks for your interest Chris. I've investigated the start up sequence on a few Lanc videos, and it does depend on who's flying the plane, safety on the day. The most common is (if looking at the front of the plane with number one on the left) 2,1,3,4. For me I'm not that fussed about sequence, it's all about putting on a show for the model show audience. At the moment sequence will be 3,2,4,1. This is also due to the fact that I have to add different weights to each propeller so as to get the smooth shutdown right. Nothings ever easy. Presently just blue tac stuck to the props and they're not balanced that well. Also the problem with my prop rotation, the motors i'm using are pulse width modulated and I don't believe I can reverse the polarity whilst running load resistors on the negative side. I could be wrong. Each negative wire is wired separately onto the cct bd and the positives are joined to a common voltage rail. Might do a bit of reading to see if there is an easy solution, otherwise they'll be left as negative thrust engines 😉 Wings are now out of the paintshop. Fair bit of touching up to do before they're good to go. On a break for a couple of weeeks. Then we'll get stuck into the wing wiring integration into the fuselage and start on the fuselage painting.
  10. Last year at a model competition I bought an old (very old) Tamiya Lancaster Bomber kit (1975), with the hope of building it into a diorama. I've been searching for years for a person who would have some sort of computer kit that would initiate the engine sequence in a realistic way. Anyway this year I found a source that supplies the computer and other hardware, I just had to source a soundtrack + extras to make it look cool. So what started out as a simple build has turned into a monster task, which I'm happy to say I'm still just on top of. The build is still in progress, but the progress has been positive thus far. Anyway here's some pics of the build to date. Currently the wings are in the paintshop. Enjoy the pics and vids. Lancaster Bomber Diorama Project - Part 1 Lancaster Bomber Diorama Project - Part 4
×
×
  • Create New...