Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Hammerhead11

  • Rank
    Puddle Jumper
  • Birthday 10/02/1983

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Interests
    Aviation and military history, film, camping/back packing, spending time with my family, and obviously scale modeling.

Recent Profile Visitors

810 profile views
  1. I’m a big fan of the Hellcat, and yours turned out excellent! Brett
  2. Thank you, unfortunately it looks like they are out of stock, but it appears to be a pretty comprehensive set. I’ll have to inquire if they will be restocking. Much appreciated! Brett
  3. Hey fellow model builders, as the title says, I'm trying to find if there is an after market conversion to do folded wings for the Tamiya F4U-1 1:72 kit? My google searches have not yielded any results. Thanks for looking.
  4. Falcon, These look great, I really like the blue one, very colorful and well executed. Brett
  5. Amazing work and flawless finish! Brett
  6. Thanks Dutch! Sorry to hear that you aren't currently able to build, thats how it was for me a for a few months until recently, so it was nice to jump back into this build. I have a few 1:72 kits I will be working on next, in particular, an in-flight super hornet build I have planned. Thanks for the kind words, Brett
  7. Plane is complete, I've posted it over in the display case: Cheers, Brett
  8. Finished up my current build over the weekend. Thanks for looking. This is the amazing Tamyia kit. I also added the Eduard Big Ed photo etch set. Decals are from EagleCals. Lt Knight was killed in action over Italy a few weeks before the Germans surrendered. He was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously. Lt Knight was known to be very aggressive in the air and protective of his wingmen, often times ordering them to stay out of AA range while he would scout a target. He’s credited with multip
  9. These are excellent! If you hadn't put it in the title, I would have guessed they were the 48th scale kit. I am a fan of the Eduard Hellcats. -Brett
  10. Almost there. I’ve started adding all of the smaller pieces and I’m excited to be able to wrap this up. I couldn’t resist a black and white photo, see how close I was getting to the original photo. Cheers, Brett
  11. This is amazing, especially since it's 1:72 scale! Fantastic work. I'm curious about the purpose of that divider in the front windscreen, do you know? Thanks, keep up the amazing work, Brett
  12. Getting really close to the end on this one. After a second coat of gloss to seal in the decals, I ran Tamyia Panel line accent around the air frame. Dark brown for the underside and tail and black for the upper surfaces. This was followed by a coat of Testors Dull Coat. With the dull coat on, I could now start getting all of the major components together. Up on her wheels for the first time. It's all coming together. Speaking of wheels, I think I'm going to source some resin wheels, I'm not happy with the kit wheels, the thread
  13. Following with interest, your plumbing and scratch work is exceptional. Need to study this when I eventually build my Tomcat. -Brett
  14. Short Update. Gloss coat and decals have been applied. Cheers, Brett
  • Create New...