Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About iceman98

  • Rank
    Canopy Polisher
  • Birthday 09/12/1998

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Aerodynamics, Aircrafts, Formula 1, Running

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Finally the block52+ is painted, only some minor details are missing. Once again AK Real Colours were used, straight from the bottle. After the initial painting RLM66 filter was used to darken the colours. Then, I repainted the airplene in order to make a post shading effect. To produce the graphite colour I used AK Xtreme Metal Jetexhaust Finally to enhance the metallic effect I sprayed a very thin layer of AK Xtreme Metal Stainless Steel. Currently, I am painting some lines and the nose cone.
  2. Finally I had some time to almost finish the Block52M. I wasn't satisfied with the included pitot so I ordered some resin pitots. Now I have to deal with some fitting issues on the seats and find a way to improve static dischargers. Some minor details still have to be painted. Your opinion is very importand since it's my first complete 1/48 build and I tried to implement a lot of techniques for the first time. Also this kit was a nice testbed to test aegean ghost camo and the custom have glass varnish.
  3. Thank you very much Scott!!! I focused on finishing Blk52M, so I let Block52+ on shelf. I have finished sanding it and I have to glue main landing gear prior to paint it.
  4. Hi I would like to start building a GWH F 15I in 1 48. But I really don't know which weapons should I choose. Propably I will buy some resin missiles/bombs that's why I have the following questions. Does the IDF uses GBU 39 on its F 15Is? Do you have any pictures showing different loads, that you could share? I would like to build an airplane with mixed load (A/A missiles, bombs, drop tanks....). I am aware of Isradecals' book but I can't find someone to ship it in Greece. Thank you very much, Thanos
  5. A lot of progress on the build, but no time to post. After four days of decal application the airplane is almost finished. Next step weathering. I will paint some smoke on the gun and I will apply a light panel liner. Also I finished the seats. Unfortunately I received the resin seats with some broken parts and the seller didn't refund me or replaced them. Also I sanded the sides of the seats in order to make them fit into the cockpit.
  6. Sprues and their codes are looking the same to me. Thanos
  7. Hi scott, I bought the decalsheet from Scaleindetail http://scaleindetail.com/aftermarket/decals?product_id=381 Also you can buy it from the48ers.com
  8. You are right Block52+ have a darker colour due to coating's graphite. But this airplane will eventually become a Block52M, which have a cleaner finish closer to the one that Block 30/50 have. I created this thread almost a year ago, but during Christmas I got a twin seater as a present, from which I decided to build a Block52M, but I couldn't find out how to change the title. This is a photo of the actual aircraft. The lighting is not the best one in the indoor photos.
  9. Hello fellow modellers The painting is fanally finished. Details like antennas and some lines on the wings were painted with FS36270, the despensers were painted with Jet Exhaust and the Exhaust of the jet fuel starter was painted with stainless steel. Finally I received a new decalsheet with a lot more decals than the other decalsheets. Also the roundels' colour seems more accurate. Another nice feature is that faded decals are also included. Thank you very much!!
  10. Finally after a lot of painting and masking the camo is almost finished. Coloured varnish was used (X 22 mixed with X 19 & X 23)
  11. Thank you very much Scott Yes the paints were used straight from the bottle. I agree with you but I wanted to finish with the main camo prior to radome and CFts' painting.
  12. Today I was able to take some pictures under the sunlight. I reduce a little bit the pre shading effect and paint the refueling port. Thanos
  13. Thank you very much Scott. Your photos were really helpful. I will post tomorrow photos from the current progress.
  14. Hello to all, After almost a month without time to upload, it's time for an update. I solved the problem on the Iris T and finally all missiles are finished. Then I faded a little the decals on the drop tanks. And I started applying decals on the 023's drop tanks. I know that the placement is not the best, but I had difficulties dealing with the large decals (It was also the first time I applied too large and too many decals), but I am really happy with their integration with the surface.
  • Create New...