Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'ilyushin'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General Discussion - NO POLITICS
    • General Discussion
    • Tools 'n' Tips
    • Test Post Clubhouse
    • Research Corner
    • Forum FAQ
  • Sponsors' Forums
    • Zactomodels
    • Caracal Models
    • GT Resin Products Products
    • Reid Air Publications
    • Hobbydecal Dry Transfer System
    • Hobbystuff Depot
    • North American Hobbies
  • Aircraft Modeling Forums
    • Today's Birds
    • Jet Modeling
    • Props
    • Helicopter Modeling
    • Classic Aviation Forum
    • Sci-Fi Modeling
    • Airliner Modeling
    • Real Space Modeling
    • Dioramas
    • In-Progress Pics
    • The Display Case
    • Critique Corner
    • Aviation Art
    • Archives and Completed Events
    • Non-Aircraft Modeling
  • Group Builds
    • Current Group Builds
    • Completed Group Builds
    • Group Build Banners
  • Armor Modeling Forums
  • Auto Modeling Forums
  • Ship Modeling
  • Figure Modeling
  • Classifieds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. New year, new project. A&A released a 1:72 model of this very unique looking aircraft last year. Having its roots basically in WW2 era Il-2 Sturmovik attack aircraft, it is so much more bizzare, that this aircraft of archaic looking design was still marketed in early 1990s. Only one flying prototype was made, which made around 250 flights in period between 1982 and 1984 when engines livese expired. The aircraft can now be seen as one of the gate guards at Gromov Research Center at Zhukovski, Russia. The aircraft being of quite a modular design, I've decided to skip the usual assembly flow of starting with the cockpit and tackled the engine nacelles first. The engines are designed to include the full length intakes and exhausts. While the turbine blades look convincing enough, I was less impressed by the intake itself. Composed of two halves, the plastic was too wide to fit around the curvature of the turbine. I ended up shaving away around 1mm of plastic on each mating surface to achieve a fit. However this worsens the seam itself which will have to be carefully puttied and sanded from the inside. A job I am not really looking forward. While turbine blades are normally of a darker metallic colour, I normally paint them in a much brighter aluminum and put on a black wash to accenuate the shadows. The reason is, that these parts are sitting deep in the intakes where little light reaches them and are thus more visible. The whole engine assembly dryfitted to the interior of the engine nacelle half. While the intake parts itself had a more serious fitting issue, the middle connecting tube and the exhaust itself were much better fit. Especially the latter with a single piece outside part helps to hide any seams on the inside.
  • Create New...