Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'f-102'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General Discussion - NO POLITICS
    • General Discussion
    • Tools 'n' Tips
    • Test Post Clubhouse
    • Research Corner
    • Forum FAQ
  • Sponsors' Forums
    • Zactomodels
    • Caracal Models
    • GT Resin Products Products
    • Reid Air Publications
    • Hobbydecal Dry Transfer System
    • Hobbystuff Depot
    • North American Hobbies
  • Aircraft Modeling Forums
    • Today's Birds
    • Jet Modeling
    • Props
    • Helicopter Modeling
    • Classic Aviation Forum
    • Sci-Fi Modeling
    • Airliner Modeling
    • Real Space Modeling
    • Dioramas
    • In-Progress Pics
    • The Display Case
    • Critique Corner
    • Aviation Art
    • Archives and Completed Events
    • Non-Aircraft Modeling
  • Group Builds
    • Current Group Builds
    • Completed Group Builds
    • Group Build Banners
  • Armor Modeling Forums
  • Auto Modeling Forums
  • Ship Modeling
  • Figure Modeling
  • Classifieds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. I just finished this Encore/Monogram 1/48 F-102 Delta Dagger. I started it way back in 2014, but I shelved it while working on my U.S.S. Enterprise Refit. I picked it up again last October, and boy am I glad to be done with it. The fit was poor, and there were nasty seams to be filled on the underside of the wing and the starboard side of the vertical stabilizer. There were also some rough molding artifacts where Encore had grafted the Case XX wingtips onto the molds resulting in ridges that had to be sanded and pits that had to be filled. Some of the Encore "enhancements" & details seemed redundant or gratuitous to me, so I omitted them for the sake of simplicity. Overall, this kit was more complicated than some of the short-run kits I've built. I rescribed all the panels lines, drilled out the opaque formation lights on the wings and fuselage, and filled them clear styrene. I replace the kit pitot tube with a turned-brass tube from Master Model. I also added landing & taxi lights to the gear doors using MV lenses. The decals are a mix from the kit and SuperScale, and they represent an aircraft from the 57th FIS, Keflavik, Iceland, ca. 1970. The paints are from Testor's Model Master and Alclad. Thanks to the ever-diminishing selection and ever-decreasing quality this is probably the last time I use the Model Master paints. IMG_7349 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7352 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7355 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7359 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7315 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7326 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7365 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7369 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7370 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7374 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7378 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr IMG_7381 by Marshall Blythe, on Flickr
  • Create New...