Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'hasegawa 1/72'.
Found 2 results
Whilst I am awaiting the paint to dry on my Corsair, I would start on my 2nd build for the GB. With the transition to the F-4 Phantom II in 1964/1965, VMF-115, was re designated to VMFA-115, were deployed to Da Nang Air Base, Republic of Vietnam on October 14, 1965. During the Vietnam War. VMFA-115 flew more than 34,000 combat sorties, providing close air support for Marines during such battles as the Tet Offensive, Battle of Hue, Battle of Khe Sahn, and Task Force Delta. The squadron was awarded the Hanson Trophy in 1971 by the Commandant of the Marine Corps. In March 1971 VMFA-115 was relocated to Iwakuni, Japan. In April 1972, the squadron moved its operations to Royal Thai Air Base Nam Phong, Thailand. Here they continued to fly air to ground sorties in addition to playing a key fighter role in Operation Linebacker missions over North Vietnam. Its towards the later years that my build to represent F-4 B Phantom 152217, around early to mid 70's whist in service with VMFA- 115. This air frame was later converted to F-4N standard and ended its days as a bomb range target. Box Art This is the 2011 release, I had previously made this back when it was released in 1990 as an Australian Airforce Cadet, unfortunately I no longer have the model, when I left home my folks turned my room into a sewing room for my Mum, so all the models that I had built over those years got " put away " and were damaged beyond repair. So i'm greatful to be able to build this one again cockpit been done just using the kit decals for the IP & WSO office Front IP already attached into position. WSO office and the cockpit completed After I had completed that I decided to tackle the stabilizers. I had chiseled off the arrow head stiffener that is molded onto the stabs as they weren't present on the aircraft at the time, then re-scribed the the panel lines where that plates were and also added the panel line where the aluminium panel is ob the outboard side of the stab. Tamyia AS-12 was used then masked out and Gunze Steel was used on the center panel. have a touchups to do but that will be late done on. Cheers Brendon
Good day all guys, finally I finished my AV-8B and was able to take some pics;unfortunately my beloved camera's gone and I'h revert to my father's one,so sorry for the quality... The kit is the already noted kit from the Japanese producer,with some shortcomings. As AM I added: -Eduard PE ( very little used ) -Eduard Brassin Rockeyes and Aim-9L ( wow) -Aires cockpit ( as always a pain to fit to the model),wheels and wheel wells,exhaust nozzles -Quickboost speedbrake -Master model IFR tip -Microscale decals Also.some scratched parts. The models revealed many challenge,some solved other less,but with at least other two kits in the stash,this build teached me some useful lesson. For the interested here the WIP.