Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'tamiya 1/48'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General Discussion - NO POLITICS
    • General Discussion
    • Tools 'n' Tips
    • Test Post Clubhouse
    • Research Corner
    • Forum FAQ
  • Sponsors' Forums
    • Zactomodels
    • Caracal Models
    • GT Resin Products Products
    • Reid Air Publications
    • Hobbydecal Dry Transfer System
    • Hobbystuff Depot
    • North American Hobbies
  • Aircraft Modeling Forums
    • Today's Birds
    • Jet Modeling
    • Props
    • Helicopter Modeling
    • Classic Aviation Forum
    • Sci-Fi Modeling
    • Airliner Modeling
    • Real Space Modeling
    • Dioramas
    • In-Progress Pics
    • The Display Case
    • Critique Corner
    • Aviation Art
    • Archives and Completed Events
    • Non-Aircraft Modeling
  • Group Builds
    • Current Group Builds
    • Completed Group Builds
    • Group Build Banners
  • Armor Modeling Forums
  • Auto Modeling Forums
  • Ship Modeling
  • Figure Modeling
  • Classifieds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 7 results

  1. Hello gents, Well, it's been ages since I finished anything and even longer I did post here. So here is an out of the box Corsair of VMF-217, Guam, 1945. Hope you'll like it. Best, Stef (#6) Click images to enlarge :
  2. Ikon

    My completed Dinah

    I finished this several months ago, and it's been to a few shows. I used a PE set for the cockpit and then cut styrene to add detail to the rear position. I also scratch built the front and rear of the gear wells, as Tamiya left them open, as well as cut out the wing tip lights and replaced them with plexi. Also Quickboost resin exhausts, although they had to be 'fixed' as there were too many pipes for this aircraft. It was painted with straight Tamiya colors (except for the trainer yellow on the wing leading edges that had to be mixed,) and weathered with preshading and prismacolor silver and a regular no2 pencil. The exhaust staining was done with artists chalks. The gear well firewall, And with a one time adversary-turned shelf-mate. And an older build, Tigercat. I hope you like it, and if you want to see the build progress... clicky here https://imgur.com/a/BOPHc
  3. Hello again. Still new to this board. I've been around on others (under a different handle 'Thom',) including Starship Modeler, Resin Illuminati and Britmodeler. I've opened up a few other posts, one of my Dinah (put in the wrong section) and another on my S6B. Both in wrong forums... Oh well... But this here is about my Corsair. I finished it about a year ago, using wire to add to the gear bays, a colored PE set for the cockit, and a resin engine and ribs for the cowl. I also used a 7/16'' retaining ring as the ignition ring for the engine, and fashioned clear wingtip lights from spare clear spru. Guitar string was used as springs on the gear legs, which were also added to with wire for break lines. Colors used are Tamiya, with Field Blue XF-50 used for the main color, mainly because what the instructions called for looked too dark. That was done over preshading, and scratches were kept to a minimum, with fuel/hydrolic stains added with MM Stain enamels. Exhaust staining was done with artists chalks, sanded off and applied by brush. EZ Line was used for the aerial. And beside an old adversary, now turned shelf mate.
  4. MM paints with decals from various sources. YAF mossie from early fifties:
  5. Hello, here again with this new F-14 and some addons... Wheelliants, pitot tube, PhotoEtch, eduard and Dream Models and some scratch...
  6. I have this model of Tamiya since 2012. With changes in the area of my bench I lost at least two pieces. The propeller hub and the pitot tube. I decided to start building the model and go try to find the missing pieces. The model. The chosen scheme will be of an airplane "A4" the 1º scheme of the sheet of the FAB (Brazilian Air Force) using a sheet of decals of the FCM. I started by gluing vertical drift to the fuselage. Best regards ajcmac
  7. I have this model of Tamiya since 2012. With changes in the area of my bench I lost at least two pieces. The propeller hub and the pitot tube. I decided to start building the model and go try to find the missing pieces. The model. The chosen scheme will be of an airplane "A4" the 1º scheme of the sheet of the FAB (Brazilian Air Force) using a sheet of decals of the FCM. I started by gluing vertical drift to the fuselage. Best regards ajcmac
×
×
  • Create New...