Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'the tamiya space shuttle'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General Discussion - NO POLITICS
    • General Discussion
    • Tools 'n' Tips
    • Test Post Clubhouse
    • Research Corner
    • Forum FAQ
  • Sponsors' Forums
    • Zactomodels
    • Caracal Models
    • GT Resin Products Products
    • Reid Air Publications
    • Hobbydecal Dry Transfer System
    • Hobbystuff Depot
    • North American Hobbies
  • Aircraft Modeling Forums
    • Today's Birds
    • Jet Modeling
    • Props
    • Helicopter Modeling
    • Classic Aviation Forum
    • Sci-Fi Modeling
    • Airliner Modeling
    • Real Space Modeling
    • Dioramas
    • In-Progress Pics
    • The Display Case
    • Critique Corner
    • Aviation Art
    • Archives and Completed Events
    • Non-Aircraft Modeling
  • Group Builds
    • Current Group Builds
    • Completed Group Builds
    • Group Build Banners
  • Armor Modeling Forums
  • Auto Modeling Forums
  • Ship Modeling
  • Figure Modeling
  • Classifieds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. I'm in the process of updating and re-populating some of my older threads I've been working on this while working on the little 1/144 Shuttle. This'll be Challenger, Mission STS 13/41C deploying the LDEF ( Long Duration Exposure Facility ). The LDEF will be built from scratch and the Tamiya's kit Payload Bay will get a lot of scratch building too. The fit is typical of any Real Space kit I've built ... in other words, the fit is awful, but that's part o' the funn eh? The kit's Payload Bay is sparse, to say the least. Plus the profile is not semi-circular, but I'm gonna live with it. The Payload Bay (PB) has a squared off Aft end, so I cut it out. I also reinforced the big fuselage seam with strips of .040" styrene Subassemblies being assembled. There were lot of parts in the little OMS pods. The PB windows are spaced too far apart ... and will need to be carved out. The SSMEs are getting a little attention too. Just Copper wire and CA glue. The LDEF's image and prelim sketch. I've gotta figure out how to build this ... It's 14' x 30' long and I scaled it down in Illustrator, printed it out and rubber cemented it to some .040 styrene and cut 'em out. These are the Bulkheads. Attaching some structure with .040 square rod The kit has a piece which mounts the Cargo to the PB sides ... I'm gonna use it as is Installing the panels ... it's 12 sided. I'm off to a good start The kit has a piece which installs into the PB. It's fictional but I'm gonna rework it and use it, and see if I can display the LDEF in mid air, attached to the RMS, by attaching to this new piece! This just shows my best attempt at getting a good fit ... and it's pretty poor. Thank goodness for filler! I don't know how Manfred builds his pieces so accurately in 1/144!! I just removed some items from the kit pallet That's all fer now ...thanx for taking a peeks lads!
×
×
  • Create New...