Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'wip'.
Found 4 results
Good day folks, My second post after a long long time in lurk mode. Kit is a Tamiya 1/48 f-16cj. Constructing the basic block 50 of one of the birds in Misawa. Has been done by people before me by the hundreds, but here is another. This first post of the WIP is some pics I documented up until now. The aircraft is waiting for further progress (ie. When the wifey takes a few days to do lady things with her friends). Off topic: she doesnt know I have an airbrush and compressor. Its hidden inside the bed on the side without the drawers. If shes here, no big paintwork. Back on track, Goodies include: Eduard sets for the interior, exterior, and bays. Eduard missiles aim 9x,120c, 88 (still trialing them, some need a treatment of heat to dewarp the bodies) Eduard sniper pod KA models ge exhaust. I got the set for the f-14 but it butt fits ok to my inexperienced eye. Detail level is godlike. Comes with masks for the dark burnt areas on the outside. I cant recommend this enough. MM pitots and static wicks Other items are various gauges of wire, wave corp clear lens thing, for the hud. Ill update as this project progresses. Thanks! I hope the image picture stuff works. The insert other media came up as red for flickr so I posted just the link. Edit: got it to work from Imgur. Gotta do it one by one for now. Im still new to this. Removed original flickr link. to get best possible fit with rest of the build I figured best to do the intake and bay area myself, so finger grease and patience it is. After a layer of grey primer Mostly painted. And test fitted. After this I glued up the 4 part intake trunk, lots of CA and sanding and pouring, repeat, I put the bay in the belly, the other intake bits and nosewheel bay in, and closed it up. Unfortunately got lazy and didn't document that bit. Ill post finished intake mouth pics when I get the masking out. That's it all closed up. Legs were added in as well as the hydraulic plumbing. Sorry terrible angle. Cockpit area wip. Mostly eduard bits and scratchbuilding where appropriate. Glareshield and hud. Again Eduard bits. Lens is made from a wave brand clear lens thing. I tinted it with tamiya clear yellow/orange. HUD glass in place. The eduard ones were too thin (i think thats a first) so I used projector film. KA models fabulous cans. I first sprayed the whole thing with black primer. Followed by a glossy rattlecan spray. Outsides were masked. Insides sprayed white. Afterwards the masking was reverved and an Alclad mix of magnesium and pale burnt metal was sprayed. This was butt fitted to the tamiya part with copious CA. Masking, grey primer, black preshading, and hataka paints followed. This is where the model is now. Konbini
I'm back:) A few years I started a crazy big 1/35 scale Huey diorama. Unfortunately progress on the Hueys stalled and about a year ago I packed them up as I was moving to a new place. Shortly after moving a friend showed me a big board game called Flames of War. Flames of War uses 1/100 scale models, to have infantry, tank, and air battles. Well this got me thinking about my models and how much fun I could have using Hueys, M16s, AK-47s and so much more. A few months I started making this happen and it's been somewhat slow going as I've had to back track a few times on the way I'm building. Like I should of left everything on the sprues then primed and then painted but it's coming along. I also have epic plans on making a giant game board as the scenery plays a big part in the game. The game board size I've used so far was 4' x 8' and fit snuggly in the living room but the max size is only dependant on imagination and money lol. I've had two battles with the semi complete models and it was quite fun. Having a big basement allowed me to see what a 12' x 24' game board would look like and it's big and cool. One side is US troops being dropped off and the other is the NVA coming out of tunnels with the middle being a high hill and a CH-47 dropping off a howitzer. It does feel a bit overwhelming lol but when it's completed there's countless hours of fun to be had. Tim
I decided to start my KH UH-1 today as I received my AM from Eduard this weekend. This will be probably be a rather long build, as I do not get a whole lot of bench time between work and family, and my first grandson being born this past Wednesday night. I will post pictures here, and added to my signature below will be a link to my Flickr album where all the pictures will be available. The idea is to replicate as closely as possible the aircraft my Dad flew in Vietnam, 66-16261, also pictured below in my signature. So, without further ado, here we go! First up are some pictures of the sprues and box and AM. Then there were some pin ejector marks I needed to fill in the seat parts. There are several, but I don't see that these are avoidable, so I'm just going to take the time to fill the ones that could be seen. Its not much of a start today, but I am working night shift last night and tonight so I slept most of the day, then had to put up the model I was working on and clean the bench.
My build for the Helicopter GB is the 1/72 Tamiya OH-58A, with markings from Print Scale for a red & white Kiowa. I'll be building this OOB, as I plan to use the GB to clear some small items from my stash. So far I have the interior bits prepped and sprayed with primer, and will upload a pic of the finished cabin as soon as I can.