Tamiya 1/32 Jets

Winter is slowly setting in and it might be time for a long term project. I am pretty much 100% a prop guy right now but keep looking at those nice 1/32 Tamiya Jet kits (F-14, F-16, F-15 etc).

Question, which one would I enjoy building the most if I am not partial to a particular plane? (I like them all)

The F-16 kits would be first on my list as they need almost nothing beyond what comes in the box. The F-14 kits would be last because of the decal cockpit and mixed raised/recessed panel line fuselage. F-15s over the F-4s because of the nasty step inside the Phantom's intake.

Hi Ron,

I like you, being 100% prop guy! I have gone and brought the F-4J and F-14A for something different to do. And I must say WOW both of them are great looking kits! I would say a must for anyone! I also got the Trumpeter A-10, apart for the cockpit the kit is great also too!

Winter is slowly setting in and it might be time for a long term project. I am pretty much 100% a prop guy right now but keep looking at those nice 1/32 Tamiya Jet kits (F-14, F-16, F-15 etc).

Question, which one would I enjoy building the most if I am not partial to a particular plane? (I like them all)

F15 E :thumbsup:

A great kit, see the link in my signature

I concur with everyone else. The F-16CJ will get you a nice OOB build if you so desire. To me, the Academy F-18C/D Hornet kits would also rank a close second if you were willing to expand your list past just Tamiya (It is always nice to have a little competition and I think Academy's Hornet effort got Tamiya off the stick to make their F-16 something special). The advantage of these two airframes also is that the planes are relatively small compared with monsters like the F-14, F-15 and F-4. Granted they are still bigger then a typical WW2 fighter model in 1/32, but at least they aren't rediculously huge.