Nonsense. This is just a cheering section. Or am I missing something?

I beg your pardon?

What right have you to come and post a comment like that after only 2 rather brusque and rude posts?

If you don't like this forum then simply do not read posts within it.

Edited by madmike

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I anxiously await pictures of your work. I'm sure it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Based on your remarks in other threads, you obviously have a critical eye for modeling. Then there's this thread, which describes the entire category as a cheering section; I'm sure you'll be adored by everyone else here. Have a great day!

Burner cans are jammed in a bit too far, no?

Criticism level jacked up a bit too high, no?

Mighty bright silver exhaust area, dontcha think?

Mighty insulting post, dontcha think?

Nonsense. This is just a hobby we do for fun and not about life and death. Or am I missing something?

Gentlemen, a classic troll.

Fired 3 posts for effect and then logged off.

I am at a loss to understand what motivates these sort of characters. Let's hope he has gone for good.

:cheers:

MikeJ

Yes...you're missing so much. Beyond the obvious, I'll stick to your point...if you'd taken the time to review, beyond the well-deserved encouragement, you may have noticed comments like "paint chips too big" on the RoG F4U-5 build...or in my own relatively recent build in here, comments on the prop needing more wear and tear...and comments on staining/streaking, specific shades of blue/gray/green/whatever...

Recently an F-14 got friendly pointers on the missiles being installed "clocked wrong."

Yep. Gotta read.

Is saying "bugger off" sufficiently more socially acceptable than the American equivalent?

Hope so. Because:

Bugger off.

On a related note, have I mentioned how much I enjoy the ignore user function since they upgraded the forum software?

From the ARC Rules of the Road:

"If you notice an inaccuracy on one of the models displayed on ARC and you have some carefully worded constructive criticism to offer, then please contact the modeler in question privately by e-mail. The majority of modelers don't appreciate having inaccuracies in their models addressed in a public forum. Unsolicited critiques will be removed by the moderators. This also goes for discussions of models posted at other scale modeling websites.

The exception to this is the Critiques Forum. Here, you can offer polite, constructive critiques on models when it is asked for. Rude or insulting posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators."

I would be willing to say the previously mentioned critiques were neither polite, constructive or asked for.

Dave

Forget it mate, he is a troll, nothing more or nothing less. We all know trolls have a IQ on par with a troglodyte.

He joined, coughed up his diatribe and ran away with his finger in the air. Actually not quite, he hung around in this thread to read responses for about 20 minutes. Then he went off line.

Dead certain he would not read the rules of the road or even cared if he did.

Troll

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Until he/she posts his/her own models for us to see.....That person can "hoop his forehead.""

:banana:

Here's a little word he might like to learn, it's from the big word book called a Dictionary:

" tact  /tækt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[takt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,

–noun 1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.

2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste; discrimination. "

Can you say "Tact" ... well, we tried, the boy is just to stupid ... And as we all know, Stupid People Suck ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Just my two cents since the thread is open...

Because of the fine works published here I may admit I've start building better models. And posting pics of them, too. And with every good word said about my model I get more motivation to start or finish the next one... So thanks my ARC brothers and sisters for the support!!! :banana:

Since I first posted a reply, I wonder where this blow-in came from;

Is he a refugee from another forum or a pure trollish blow in?

Only the modelling Gods know and they work in oft strange ways!

I look at the definitions of Critique and Criticism differently, but that is me.

:banana:

MikeJ

I have just realised this cheaky C--T posted a comment on one of my posts,well F--KFACE lets see some of your **** heaps!.Bet you he dosen't even know how to put one togather ****!.

Let's hope he has gone for good.

Looks like his membership category has taken a rather sudden turn.

DirtyHarry.jpg

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

So what if it is, whats wrong with cheering others on? There are alot of skill levels within ARC. If you just give negative feedback then you discourage others from expanding and developing their skills. And this would just hurt our wonderful hobby. So yeah we do cheer eachother on. Post some of your pics and we will cheer you on to continue building models and supporting the hobby. Bye Bye

All of us spent all that time typing up responses and he gets blocked? Yawn... boring. :D I say we unblock him so we can treat him the same way he wants to treat others - with nothing but cynical criticisms.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Iron Eagle

This guy appears to be one of your typical"I know more than anyone else" types with troll-tendencies who can't understand why no one is as "great" as he is. Someone with the same user name has made similar comments over on the FSM boards.

I fall back on my usual mantra: start buying my kits and supplies and then you can tell me how to build my models.

All of us spent all that time typing up responses and he gets blocked? Yawn... boring. :P I say we unblock him so we can treat him the same way he wants to treat others - with nothing but cynical criticisms.

B)

:lol: Anyone have any good PM exchanges you'd care to share, then? Since we're still tuned in....:P