I actually saw someone like this at a show once. A crowd was gathered around a 1/32 P-40 that had just been placed on the table...and it was met with oohs and ahhs, and you could see the delight on the builder's face...until this one Tool says "The aileron isn't deflected far enough to coincide with the position of the control stick." (Or something along those lines). The builder's response? "Yeah, ok...you need to get l@!d"

Priceless!

I actually saw someone like this at a show once. A crowd was gathered around a 1/32 P-40 that had just been placed on the table...and it was met with oohs and ahhs, and you could see the delight on the builder's face...until this one Tool says "The aileron isn't deflected far enough to coincide with the position of the control stick." (Or something along those lines). The builder's response? "Yeah, ok...you need to get l@!d"

Priceless!

Ooh! I like it!!! :cheers:

A little checking revealed that the name Hawxboss is used by Pat Hawkey.

He's a very experienced 'professional' modeler.

An internet search turns up lots of articles and pictures of his models, which look quite nice...

I'm wondering if somebody registered using his screen-name as some kind of prank...

I find it hard to believe that somebody with as much experience in the model world would be SO RUDE to other modelers...

If it was him, then "Bugger off!!!"

:cheers:

The best way to get rid of a troll in fantasy fiction is by fire. So lets flame "it" when "it" comes back! :thumbsup:

When looking a model, I always remember my signature line :)

Maybe the Moai could have a "word" or two with him...stony faced of course!

:cheers:

MikeJ

The now-banned OP's comments are pretty crude to be sure, but I have to say some of the replies in this thread don't show ARC members at their best IMHO.

That was actually an uncommonly good instance of self censorship on my part... :thumbsup:

When I first read his three posts. It took a bit to refrain from really posting what I thought. Polite comment and refutal is always the best way to go.

:lol:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike
Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

This will really sound dumb,but if someone is using his name and is a fake,isn't that sorta "identity fraud",I hope I spelled that right.

LB

Edited by LITTLE BIRD 117