VF-Decals new sheet Preview Sneak Peak!!!

Ok, I gotta ask, who all is doing the 204 bird when you get the decals?

:bandhead2:

I prefer line jets over show birds any day of the week! But I'm sure I'll do the CAG/CO jets as well ... just can't make them look as battle hardened or as well worn as a line jet.

See what happens when you're a Tomcat Snob who ignores the Super Hornet threads? You nearly miss out on important tidbits like this:

Got some cool new stuff line up, like VX-30 hornets, VF-143 Last tomcat cruise, you know, just to name a few. ;)

That VF-143 sheet is soooo already bought... :thumbsup: ;) :)

Daniel

Edited by AP_Hancock

Just got the 1/72 VFA-103 Hobby Decal sheet in the mail. I am impressed. Very thin and well printed. You can do the Cag bird or any line bird. Also included is the dark gray tail version. Tons of stencil data and a large, thick paper, poster type reference sheet with every squadron airframe represented and all crew names. I have never worked with dry transfers before. I may convert them to waterslide, but they look like they will go on nicely as they are. We'll see.

Question Brian

I too just got the HD sheet. Mainly for two reason's, Your wasn't anounced yet and I wanted to try the Rub ons. Now the dark tailed A/C, How many of the line birds were marked that way? There is the picture on the instruction sheet with #204 but the instruction art work has #211 also. Also howlong did the squadron have these dark tailed birds?

TIA

Jim

Question Brian

I too just got the HD sheet. Mainly for two reason's, Your wasn't anounced yet and I wanted to try the Rub ons. Now the dark tailed A/C, How many of the line birds were marked that way? There is the picture on the instruction sheet with #204 but the instruction art work has #211 also. Also howlong did the squadron have these dark tailed birds?

TIA

Jim

Jim-

The only dk grey tail they had at the time was 204, not 211. As I was talking with the MMCO just before the squadron left on cruise, they were talking about doing them all with dk grey tails. However, to my knowledge currently, only 204 is still the only dk grey tailed bird in the squadron. I would ask, but these guys and girls have more to worry about right now than what color the tails on their jets are if you can imagine.

Another tid bit of info for ya. They are loosing the colors on 200, leaving 201 to be the only full color bird in the squadron.

Edited by VF-103guy