Future - now or later?

Hi

I have painted and attched the fuselage and wings of my F-8 and am busy putting the landing gear together, altho i havent glued them in place yet. What i need to know is, should first Future the model w/out the landing gears or attach the landing gears and then Future?

Also, can Future be airbrushed on or brush painted? Which is better? Does it need thinning or can i apply directly it out of the bottle?

Apologies if these q's sounds silly, but ive never used Future b4 and just want to make sure i use the correct sequence. :cheers:

Cheers

Kevin

I'm one of those rare people who build EVERTHING (except clear parts and weapons) and THEN paint, future,decal, future, then dull coat if needed.

You can put future on by brush, but I find airbrush is better.

I've found it easier (for me) to wait on attaching the landing gear until after everything is done. Since it's the weakest part of the plane, it won't get jostled as much if you future before attaching them. But make sure you future the gear as well.

Kevin,

I always wait to install gear, drop tanks, weapons etc.. until the end. Just too much vulnerable stuff hanging there to break while decaling and weathering, and of course the access issue to certain areas with everything in place.

Future can be airbrushed or hand brushed (I do both at times) straight form the bottle. I usually add a little Windex to it when airbrushing to break the surface tension and help it lay better. Keep the pressure fairly low if airbrushing(about 10 psi).