F-16C's with PIDS & CCIP

Only block 40/42 on up are getting CCIP. They don't carry the PIDS pylon because they have more chaff/flare dispensers than do their earlier counterparts. There are lots of great decals of ANG jets that carried the PIDS pylon during OIF/OEF, and several other sheets depicting CCIP jets.

Jake

Ok thanks for the info Jake, I suppose I'll just have to build two seperate F-16's!

First one will be an F-16C Shaw Shooters bird with CCIP, the second, hopefully, will be an F-16D with PIDS (both Hasegawa kits). Do you know of any specific ANG D models that have used PIDs & that decals are available for? Also do they carry one or two PIDS pylons?

Sorry for all the questions, blame Shawn Hull, his update sets are just toooooo nice! B)

David

I can't think of too many D-specific sheets around for ANG jets. I know there is 85-1573 from the MI ANG on a Fox One sheet, but that is all that readily jumps into my head. However, it would be a breeze to swap around tail numbers from a C sheet to do a D.

Generally speaking, the PIDS pylons aren't carried while at home. It happens, but is not too common. They are still in fairly short supply, so are mainly reserved for wartime. Similarly, the Ds, as a general rule, don't deploy overseas for OIF/OEF duty. You can check out my website for photos, but I have yet to see or photograph a D with a PIDS pylon at home.

Jake

I think PIDS is a waste actually. We carried them in 2004 and never once had chaff/flare loaded in them. When I went back in 2005 we didn't carry PIDS at all. I know in 2004 PIDS pylons were not able to carry JDAMs. I don't know for sure but would assume this problem has been taken care of. The additional ALE-47 chaff/flare buckets that Jake is talking about came out in PY 87. So the last of the Block 30/32s have the four buckets compared to the two. I know when we deploy, we take only 87 models for this reason.

I think PIDS is a waste actually. We carried them in 2004 and never once had chaff/flare loaded in them. When I went back in 2005 we didn't carry PIDS at all. I know in 2004 PIDS pylons were not able to carry JDAMs. I don't know for sure but would assume this problem has been taken care of. The additional ALE-47 chaff/flare buckets that Jake is talking about came out in PY 87. So the last of the Block 30/32s have the four buckets compared to the two. I know when we deploy, we take only 87 models for this reason.

Really?When were on deployments we flew with PIDS fully loaded.I guess it mainly depended on the block of Viper over there.

Another option for you would be to build an F-16A MLU bird. they would have the CCIP bird slicers and they carry PIDS. Most of the Votz sheet birds are mod'd like this and I have pics carrying PIDS on them.

Edited by longmc
Are you sure Jake?

Chappie recently sent me a CD that had images of a DC ANG Blk30 that looked CCIP'd

We have 2 blk 30's with the Bird slicers. I don't believe they are getting the full CCIP mod that the 40/50s are getting (color MFD, etc).

Correct, the Block 25/30/32s aren't getting the full CCIP. They are getting the same/similar AIFF mods and a few other things under a program called CUPID. From globalsecurity.org:

The F-16 CUPID program is bringing older F-16s (Blocks 25-32) new life by adding night vision equipment, enhanced avionics, and the ability to carry an infrared targeting pod and laser-guided munitions. Ultimately, CUPID-modified aircraft will have the capability to carry JDAM and other GPS-guided munitions.
Are you sure Jake?

Chappie recently sent me a CD that had images of a DC ANG Blk30 that looked CCIP'd

Never mind. Others have already described CUPID.

Jake

Edited by jmel
Those and other units' Block 25s have the AIFF installed, but did not go through the entire CCIP package.

Units I can think of: VT ANG's Block 25s, WI ANG's Block 30s

It is actually fleet-wide. I can't think of a single operator now without at least one jet with the AIFF blades. It is block 25, 30, and 32 undergoing CUPID.

Jake

I look forward to see more on your website... update soon? :nanner:

I hope so. I know updates have been a little sparse lately. I have a ton of new material, but not a lot of spare time these days.

Jake