1:32 Eurocopter EC-135, flying ambulance

Hi all,

This is my other project, the EC-135. I'm using the kit of the 1:32 EC-135 with decals of Air Zermatt included. I will not use them, except for the details and small things.

The heli I will build is the PH-ULP, a flying ambulance used bij the ANWB. ANWB is the Algemene Nederlandse Wielrijders Bond, the Dutch road-traffic company.I will print decals by myself.

1115009.jpg

picture is from Airliners.net!

A beauty, isn't it? :(

My progress so far:

The big parts, it was impossible to get all the sprues with parts on the photo, simply because there are too much of them. This is a level 5 kit. The box is thicker than usual, but it is still completely loaded with the parts and instruction sheet. As you can see, I cut the doors out on one side, they will be later placed back in opened position.

pit2~0.JPG

The interior in progress:

pit1~0.JPG

And the interior glued in his position:

romp.JPG

Fuselage closed. Look at all the putty, I needed a lot of it to fill the HUGE gaps between the two fuselage halves! That's the worst part of the kit..

romp2.JPG

romp3.JPG

Jelle :unsure:

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman
yeahhhh, EC-135 :bandhead2: :wub:

BUT take care, the real main-rotor of the EC-135 turns to the other side, the Revell kit is wrong there

PS: was this the Air Zermatt kit ?

I haven't noticed that.. thanks! How can I change it? I glued the rotorblades on the rotorhead already.. the whole thing will be mounted on the helicopter when all the airbrushwork is done.

My favourite helicopter is the EC-135, because I like the fenestron-tailrotor design. And the EC-135 is multi-purpose: it can be used as:

-VIP-transport

-Military transport

-Flying Ambulance

-Search And Rescue, with a rescue quadrant

-police

Maybe I still forget some options..

With this kit you can build every mentioned option, so 70% of the parts are not been used.

And yes, this is the Air Zermatt-kit.. A beautiful livery as well, but this model is for a contest on a Dutch modelling forum, and the theme is Dutch and Belgian. And Air Zermatt is Swiss..

A month ago I built another EC-135, but in 1:72. This one has opened doors too, but on this model I cut the doors open on both sides. This model has the VIP-configuration.

f-gmtf.JPG

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

ah... yeah.... I had noticed it too, too late.... I glued it too and didn't changed it anymore.....

You could just turn them, and bend the blades down., with a lighter (Zippo, you know), but take care, that you don't damage the blade itself.

Yes, the EC-135 is a great helicopter.... a very good multi-tasker

The french demonstrater, I've made in 1/72 this australian one (silver) with those red leafs on it..... that's nice too.

Hope to see many pics of the progress :) :D

• 2 months later...

Finally there's some progress on the PapaHotel-UniformLimaPapa :wave:

A few months ago I painted the helicopter in a yellow color. I hand-painted it and I used Revell Aqua Color. But.. the color wasn't the right one. I used matt paint, I wanted to get it gloss with Revell enamel no.1. But that didn't work, I think I painted four layers of it on the yellow paint, but it stayed as matt as an egg.

Result:

geeltje.JPG

I wasn't satisfied with the color, and the helicopter dissappeared in a dark, dusty corner.. but yesterday I did a new attempt with Humbrol no.99 and this time the result was much better! The black areas will be repainted.

ec1351.jpg

Next step is painting the blue/red stripes.

See you next update!

Happy 2007,

Jelle :D

But those are the arms for the cyclical blade adjustment (), there are extra parts for that.... the hole part is missing on the "newer" EC-135

sl551100un8.th.jpg

Ps: No, sure not for the cyclical adjustment, primary to adjust the angle of attack..... but^^

Edited by Medevac71
But those are the arms for the cyclical blade adjustment (), there are extra parts for that.... the hole part is missing on the "newer" EC-135

sl551100un8.th.jpg

Ps: No, sure not for the cyclical adjustment, primary to adjust the angle of attack..... but^^

Yes, you're right.. sorry! I don't know why Revell gave this strange part, because it doesn't look like the real thing.

Nice work. The intake filters are scratchbuilt..?

Yes Andre, it was the engine intake of an olf EC-135... in the first pic you see this one....

Yes, you're right.. sorry! I don't know why Revell gave this strange part, because it doesn't look like the real thing.

Well, I think those part was used on real/ but older EC-135, and Revell used this as "paragon".

:cheers: :D