Hotels In Telford

Just my 2p for anyone thinking of getting a hotel if staying overnight up there, I also posted on the IPMS site.

The international Hotel on site is doing a deal where by its only something like £90 a night instead of about £120! still a rip off in my humble opion. If you use late rooms.com or other hotel sites you can get a room in the local area for muh less so dont let their prices put you off.

Julien :thumbsup:

Julien

Nothing to do with hotels....

Been browsing your IPMS Ipswich site, noticed in the pics that you have Mike Grzebien and George Robinson in your club. Say 'hello' to them for me would you? Not seen either of them in ages!

Seen some particularly fine stuff from George over the years, talented bloke. (When he used to belong to our club, before 'defecting' to the other side of the Norfolk/Suffolk border.... :blink: )

:D

:)

I've found a B&B which is half that price, in Wellington, which is I'm led to believe near to the Centre.

I stay in Wellington too Bill,I don't know about driving but it's one stop away on the train then about a 5-10min walk from Telford station to the Centre.

Stephen

Guys,

Most of the hotels in the area (including the Holiday Inn, Park Inn and the International Hotel) were fully booked months ago! I'm at a new hotel a junction or so up the M54 - there's also the Golf & Country Club which is quite nice...

Julien

Nothing to do with hotels....

Been browsing your IPMS Ipswich site, noticed in the pics that you have Mike Grzebien and George Robinson in your club. Say 'hello' to them for me would you? Not seen either of them in ages!

Seen some particularly fine stuff from George over the years, talented bloke. (When he used to belong to our club, before 'defecting' to the other side of the Norfolk/Suffolk border.... ;) )

:D

B)

Hi,

Did not realise George was from the dark side :D will pass on your "hello" to them. Yes George does turn out some remarkable work makes you want to hide your own :blink: Feel free to drop in and say hello if your ever south of the border, club nights is always 4th tuesday of every month but December.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

There is also a travel lodge , approx 7 or so miles from the exhibition centre , they usually seem to have rooms even this close to the event - £50 a night for a double room

Telford Travel lodge

There's a pub/restraunt on site - so that cuts down on travelling after refreshment!, they only do a contintental breakfast , but there's a spendid bakers/restraunt in the Telford centre itself , that do a superb full english breakfast - just the thing you need before a day of spending !

No I won't make it this year , or for the forseeable future... :cheers::whistle:

Did not realise George was from the dark side will pass on your "hello" to them.

Yup, George was in the Norwich club for many years, long before I joined it to be honest! (I think I joined in the late 80's). He's a clever chap. :)

Actually Mike was a member of the Norwich club too for several years, he used to drop in regularly.

When you next see Mike, ask him about the time all of us from Norwich went to the UK Nats at Donnington one year, when we all decided to take tents .... Mike came along with his friend Tim (former A-10 crew chief) and they brought so many cases of beer from Mildenhall, I recall that the car they came in was almost dragging on the floor, the suspension travel had all been taken up from the weight of it's 'cargo'. I'm sure we barbequed a load of steaks too.... If I remember correctly, I think it involved Mike wearing a rather fetching U.S. Air Force - issue 'Deputy Dawg' hat too.

The drink certainly flowed, and I will not name names but the following morning one of the Norwich lads had to crawl out of the tent he was in, he tried to stand up but couldn't because his legs had stopped working. ;). Mike may recall who I am talking about .... :cheers:

Happy days !! :D

B)

Just my 2p for anyone thinking of getting a hotel if staying overnight up there, I also posted on the IPMS site.

The international Hotel on site is doing a deal where by its only something like £90 a night instead of about £120! still a rip off in my humble opion. If you use late rooms.com or other hotel sites you can get a room in the local area for muh less so dont let their prices put you off.

Julien :explode:

We use the bridge house B&B at buildwas, 20 mins drive from centre 5 mins from Ironbridge.

good clean place with excellent brekkies, great landlady Janet.

phone 01952 432105

Well pointed out there Ted. There are a lot of good places at Ironbridge as its a major tourist area and at this time in November they are happy to see you as the normal tourists have just about gone.

I am at the Best western in Ironbridge.

Julien

• 4 weeks later...

Car Parking - help?

Is the car park near the Centre free for people going to the show, or is it only free for folk staying at the Holiday Inn & International ?

I'm coming down from up North, so will nightstop well away and drive in early on Saturday morning. Have never visited Telford before, so not sure whether there are difficulties or not for parking. Any help, advice, welcome chaps.

Car Parking - help?

Is the car park near the Centre free for people going to the show, or is it only free for folk staying at the Holiday Inn & International ?

I'm coming down from up North, so will nightstop well away and drive in early on Saturday morning. Have never visited Telford before, so not sure whether there are difficulties or not for parking. Any help, advice, welcome chaps.

Hi,

carpark next to the centre is about £4 for the day. This is the centre and out side IPMS control. There are some other carparks nearby that range from free to normal charges. Worth the £4 in my opinion.

Julien