Here some pics, just the beginnings of this build. Carved all the detail off the kit walls and added the resin pieces.

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

Any comments are welcome.

Jack aka BUGFAN

Edited by Bugfan

Jack, looking great with that resin set. Love the side curtain detail in it. With a wash and some weathering, that will pop right out. Nice progress so far. This may be a stupid question, but is it a Cessna???

:)

J.C.

Any further progress pictures to post? I am really looking forward to seeing this kit come together as this is a unique and not often seen aircraft being modeled...and an important aircraft it is! I love the detail in the cockpit, it will really make an improvement in the cockpit :thumbsup: .

Nice work so far indeed!

Regards,

Don

Jamie, the designation is Cessna L-19

I don't think that there was a civil version of this same aircraft, although.

There are some being flown on the warbird circuit, usually several up at Oshkosh every year.

Steve

Thanks for the info, Steve. Looked like a Cessna to me.

B)

J.C.

Evening everyone, sorry for the delay.

Grant- the detail set is from True Details, available at Squadron

Gregwise, sir yes sir, markings will be as shown below....

birddog1copy.jpg

Jamie, Steve is correct, it is a Cessna, THANKS STEVE!!

Don- no progress lately, other projects keep getting in the way.

Thanks guys, some progress should be made by next week barring anymore problems at home!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

THANKS Don, I have made some more progress!! :cheers: Working on the interior, got the blankets painted and highlighted with some dirty future, the IP is painted and installed. I will get more pictures soon.

THANKS AGAIN,

Jack aka BUGFAN

Need some help here, Labrador or Golden.....oh wait a minute, a BIRD DOG :banana: , would it have lap belts and a harness in the Korean Conflict? Part of me says yes, part says no. Help me to decide please!!

TIA,

Jack aka BUGFAN

THANKS Frozen Puppy!!!

Edited by Bugfan

Jack: Love the Bird-dog. A friend at Langley, BC has one restored to full original Canadian Army decor. The interesting part is that he was a Col.in the Army and has thousands of hours on L-19s. And I got to fly his aircraft while he was on sick list.

I've built that kit to represent John's aircraft but I still need decals for his ident.

Barney

• 1 month later...

:cheers: I guess its time for an update. I couldnt find any decals that I was happy with so the markings were made from a stencil cut out of masking tape. Any and all comments please!!!

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jack aka BUGFAN