How do I spray neat,straight lines

Help me out folks

I can spray a fine line, almost pencil thin, but the beginning and ends have round blotches.

How does one spray a line without little blotches at beginning or end?

Do you carry on moving a/b away whilst releasing the trigger? :)

Also must the pressure be low or high?

I want to perfect this damn techinique!! :cheers:

Grrrrrrr......

Edited by model_madness

You didn't say if you are using a single or double action AB. The blotches at the beginning and end of the line is the result of paint build up when you start and stop. A single action brush is going to be more difficult to control this problem. You must be moving when you trigger and release the AB. A double action brush is a little more forgiving cause you can control when and how much paint comes out. I guess the bottom line is ...practice, practice, practice.

Good luck,

Jerry

if it is a double action brush, i always like to spray a quick shot of full blast paint on a piece of cardboard before i move the brush over the model, helps to avoid any blobs when you start. also, keep the brush moving before and after the line, and keep the air going, just pull back and release the paint while still moving to avoid the beginning and end paint blobs. hope that made sense.

I was always taught that the sequence is air on, paint on (both off the model,) spray the model, and don't stop the spray until you're off the model. If the line has a definite start and/or finish on the model, lay a post-it note, where you have to start/finish, and you'll get a clean break.

Edgar

Try putting some masking material at the ends of your lines so that you can start on a masked surface and get the paint flow going just right ... then end off on another masked surface so when you stop the build up is a non-issue.

hth's

stan in yul

Help me out folks

I can spray a fine line, almost pencil thin, but the beginning and ends have round blotches.

How does one spray a line without little blotches at beginning or end?

Do you carry on moving a/b away whilst releasing the trigger? :cheers:

Also must the pressure be low or high?

I want to perfect this damn techinique!! :crying:

Grrrrrrr......

What's your airbrush/compressor combination, and what paints/solvents are you using?

Edited by Horrido