2006 Miramar Airshow#2 - MAGTF Demo

Going through pictures from the airshow. I was going to put them all into my previous post, but there are too many for a single post - so I will break this up a bit.

This MAGTF demo was incredible. At one point, they had 2 Harriers, 2 F-18D's, 4 Cobras, 2 Chinooks, and 2 CH-53's all in the air at the same time. Plus, Marines on the ground.

Needless to say it was quite impressive! I certainly wouldn't want to be on the wrong side.

The pics:

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3953-1.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

Nice pics. Just for clarification, those tandem rotor helo's are not Chinooks. Those are CH-46 Sea Knights, or Phrogs. Vertol built a larger version for the Army, & that became the CH-47 Chinook.

Chris Ish, 14 years of swearing at the -47.

Osprey pics coming up later! Stay Tuned.

Make it snappy you freakin' midget poker!!

I ain't got all day. It ain't like I'm off today or anything, sittin' around waitin' for you to get off work to get home and post the pics.

Sure, I'm goin' to the post office today, but it sure would make me happy to see them Osprey pics you took, before a man has to go stand in line at the post office with half of the retired population in Hunstville.

and that was just a demo. you should see the real deal with live ord in all its combined arms glory. :D

I can hear the assistant to the dictator-with-the-funny-hat:

"there's a boat offshore full of armed to the teeth US Marines who have been at sea for 6 months without seeing a woman....haul ***!"

When I lived in Gulfport, MS, there was a demo every year on the beach where the Marines would come in from the Gulf of Mexico & storm the beach complete with helo's overhead, amphibious vehicles, guns firing (blanks-I hope) , smoke...the whole works.

Terribly impressive. Real glad we were on the same side.

-Mike

Wow.... the Cobras are still carrying TOWs!

Great pics!

I remember having read a few years ago in an AFM that the Marines were more comfortable with the TOW than with the Hellfires. What that did for procurement of stores, I don't know...

Is that a LIGHTNING pod on the center line of the nornet in the firs pic? Didn't realize the Marines were usng it. But I'm a bit sloew sometoimes :D

Great shots by the way thanks for posting them.

yep, been using it for a couple years now.

Dude you better retire then, cause it's gonna be your new maount if you don't. :thumbsup:

I will have 13yrs in, but I'm not going to stay in because of that thing!!! I'm going to the ARMY or L.A.P.D!!