Fleet Air Arm Group Build

Ok guys, some of you may have noticed an addition to the Forthcoming Group Build Listing that announces the FAA GB starting 21st October 2007. So this is the place to register interest, ask questions or conduct any other connected stuff.

For a link to a previous disscussion on the subject have a look here.

Ok guys, some of you may have noticed an addition to the Forthcoming Group Build Listing that announces the FAA GB starting 21st October 2007. So this is the place to register interest, ask questions or conduct any other connected stuff.

For a link to a previous disscussion on the subject have a look here.

Yep!! I'm in!!!

Is this anything ever used by the FAA, ever?

Lemme see, I've got the

Trumpeter 1/72 Wyvern

Hasegawa 1/48 Hellcat

*scours depths of brain for stash contents*

And, um, I think thats about it (shame on me I know).

Welcome aboard guys! Sorry, crap pun intended B)

Just clarify, although it's called the FAA GB we do include anything flown by the RNAS and FRADU/FRU.

Nev, you have a year to collect some more mate :D

John, likewise buddy! B)

Norrie, Hasegawa 48th by any chance?

Madmike, looking forward to the Red Stars myself. Hopefully we can both do one for each.

Col. Actually its the Tamiya one but you were on the right track! I also fancy trying to do a Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter (from a Roden 1/48th kit) on skids for deck landings if it doesn't turn out to be too tricky.

Regards,

Norrie

Col. Actually its the Tamiya one but you were on the right track! I also fancy trying to do a Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter (from a Roden 1/48th kit) on skids for deck landings if it doesn't turn out to be too tricky.

Ha ha, you knew which one I was on about mate, even if I didn't :nanner: Nice second choice by the way.

Is this anything ever used by the FAA, ever?

Lemme see, I've got the

Trumpeter 1/72 Wyvern

Hasegawa 1/48 Hellcat

*scours depths of brain for stash contents*

And, um, I think thats about it (shame on me I know).

Upon further reflection I remembered I have the Tamiya 1/48 Swordfish floatplane :D Assuming I don't try and build it for the floatplane GB....

But right now I would have to say the Hellcat. Its a great kit, and in that all-over glossy Sea Blue, I reckon I could bash it out in a week :yahoo:

Cool! What you got planned, or is there a list :banana:

Hmmm, well there is a list, but I'll restrict myself to maybe one or two - which will most likely be something in Extra Dark Sea Grey over White (Narrows it down! Not!!!) OR Aluminium paint with nice bright dayglo patches.......

We shall see........ :lol:

Hmmmm, if RNAS is allowed, then I can do an armoured car, right ?

Seriously, I'll probably be interested -- got to check the schedule ... unfortunately my Sopwith Tripe is too far along to qualify ...

I do have a Swordfish, Corsair, Avenger, & Martlet en stash but I'm not really primed for one of them at this time ... Assuming the Hasegawa Hellcat I isn't available, what's a good alternate choice in 1/48 ?

Although I'm thinking I'll look back into the 'tween wars era for something ...

John

Edited by jRatz

I'm in with a Trumpter 1/48 Westland Wyvern, probably with the Suez campaign stripes.

Timing on my part, I bought the paints for it this weekend w/o knowing about the GB.

I may do a Hasegawa 1/48 RN F-4 as well, not 100% sure about this one.

Ken

edit

whoops, read the dates of the GB wrong, thought it started this weekend, not a year from now.

I may be in next year, depends on what I'm interested in at the time.

Edited by kenlilly106

I'll definitely have some of this. I think I was leaning towards a Classic Airframes Attacker in the previous discussion, but having since acquired the Ark Royal sheet in 1/72 it'll probably be something off of that.

Maybe the accompanying book will be out by then too B)

Steve.