So what will be this years surprise announcements...?

The last few years have seen all of those attending the nats to be filled with a kind of giddy glee as we learn what the exciting new release(s) from Airfix are.

But this year, no Airfix :D

Will someone step into the breach to fill the new announcements void?

I reckon Heriatge Aviation will steal the show if they have these beauties on display!

Their website announces that this years Nats at Telford will see the release of their 1/24 Lancaster and 1/24 Mosquito :)

they're guaranteed to get some interest!!

Quite where you would store such beauties when built is anyones guess?

I wasn't at the Newark show but a little bee tells me the 1/24 Lanc test shots were on display there.

He was very enthusiastic about the outline of said aeroplane, more so than the test shots of the Mossie that I have seen and I thought there were some outline issues with it.

Richard

i agree, the resurrection of Airfix would be most people's "tops", but on the kit front I'd like:

1/35th Rolls-Royce WW1 armoured car

1/35th Staghound Armoured car

1/35th armoured cars from France....you know, the sexy ones with the big guns.

Of course, aircraft.....

1/48th Kfir....multi versions of course

1/48th Javelin

1/48th F9F Cougar

1/48th Siskin III

1/48th T-28D

1/48th F-16E/F

Living in hope.......... :) :D :( :taunt:

I reckon Heriatge Aviation will steal the show if they have these beauties on display!

Their website announces that this years Nats at Telford will see the release of their 1/24 Lancaster and 1/24 Mosquito :thumbsup:

they're guaranteed to get some interest!!

Quite where you would store such beauties when built is anyones guess?

Saw part of the lanc at the Brampton show, kit is sponsored by "Bricklayers of England" as you will need an extension built to display it :angry:

Julien

1/24 Mosquito :banana:

In a way, that would BE a return of Airfix, since early rumours about the kit were that it was based largely on the stalled/cancelled Airfix project - they had started work on a Mossie for their 1/24 series, and shelved the plans part way through.

As I understand things, the Airfix 24th Mosquito eventually became the 48th kit - the work was simply scaled down when they lost confidence in the bigger scale.

Last I heard, it looked like Airfix was likely to be purchased by Corgi, Hornby or Revell, so they'll be back soon, although it's anybody's guess as to whether the Nimrod and Canberras will ever appear - it will doubtless depend on how far progressed they were. As for the TSR2, it's just a matter of time before it is released again; common sense dictates that you only ever recoup the investment in a mould by running-off kits to sell, so you can be sure it will be back, again and again.

A Revell 48th Hunter would be great but I wouldn't hold my breath. A 72nd scale FGA9 would seem much more likely. Be nice to see the 32nd Hunter re-released as a T7, but considering the number of years we had to wait for the F6, I guess we will have to be patient.

My own wish list? I'd be seriously happy to see a Revell 32nd scale Canberra, a Revell 72nd Lightning, and a Hasegawa 48th Tornado GR4/F3 and a Hawk. I fear I'll be disappointed though, but then I'm still dreaming about a decent injection moulded kit of a Varsity and a Hastings!

Not a surprise but from Revell I expect to hear

1/48 Eurofighter Typhoon T.1

1/48 Rafale B and C

and I hope for 1/48 Hunter FGA.9

Stephen

Hello from the States....

First I'd heard of these (makes sense though) are they just wishful thinking that the first two (or three) will be announced? Just finishing up my Typhoon this weekend (Italian bird clean just AIM 9s and AMRAAMs) and I have beeen looking for the Rafales for a while now.

A new mold Hunter in 48th that would be something though, I've built the Academy one with cockpit and wheels replaced, and one not (couldn't find them for the second build). Considering that I still have not seen the new 72nd Stateside is this a possibility or wish?

Best Wishes

Matt

Hello from the States....

First I'd heard of these (makes sense though) are they just wishful thinking that the first two (or three) will be announced? Just finishing up my Typhoon this weekend (Italian bird clean just AIM 9s and AMRAAMs) and I have beeen looking for the Rafales for a while now.

A new mold Hunter in 48th that would be something though, I've built the Academy one with cockpit and wheels replaced, and one not (couldn't find them for the second build). Considering that I still have not seen the new 72nd Stateside is this a possibility or wish?

Best Wishes

Matt

The 2 seat Typhoon must be a certainty as the kit is set up for the moulding of the T.2 and based on the success of the single seater.the Rafale has been OOP for a few years and due to the fact that it's now in squadron service with the ADA makes it a likely reissue.As for the Hunter I'd heard that Revell did the toolings for the Hunter in all 4 scales at once and they've released 1/32,1/144 and 1/72 so I'm hoping that 2007 will be the year :rolleyes: The Academy kit can be built as a nice one but requires an aeroclub correction set to fix the glaring errors so isn't cost effective.

Stephen

PS I'm also hoping for a 2 seat Gripen from Italeri to go with the new ETPS decals forthcoming from Model Alliance

Stephen

The 2 seat Typhoon must be a certainty as the kit is set up for the moulding of the T.2 and based on the success of the single seater.the Rafale has been OOP for a few years and due to the fact that it's now in squadron service with the ADA makes it a likely reissue.As for the Hunter I'd heard that Revell did the toolings for the Hunter in all 4 scales at once and they've released 1/32,1/144 and 1/72 so I'm hoping that 2007 will be the year :woo: The Academy kit can be built as a nice one but requires an aeroclub correction set to fix the glaring errors so isn't cost effective.

Stephen

PS I'm also hoping for a 2 seat Gripen from Italeri to go with the new ETPS decals forthcoming from Model Alliance

Stephen

First I'd heard of the Hunter molds but thinking about it in the last few years...144th...72nd....xxx...32nd what is missing from that line up. I'd still love to do a Chilean Hunter one of these days

Matt :yahoo:

Just got this months SAMI in the post today....there is a statement from Revell in the news section that there will be some major unveilings at Telford.... :yahoo:

1/72 Lightning?

1/72 Canberra?

1/72 Gannet?

1/144 C-17?

My dream announcement would be that Revell of Germany pulls the wraps off the Monogram 1/72 shuttle stack (ET and SRBs) and reissues it with a variation of the decal sheet they put in their 1/144 kit. Now THAT would be cool (wishful thinking, I know).

Hope the re-appearance of the Matchbox Spit and Moth don't constitute "major announcements" though, nice though they may be!

Stephen, I don't know where that tale you heard about producing the Hunter in all four scales simultaneously came from but it just doesn't make sense. It would be a pretty wierd company that spent heaven-knows how much money on four sets of moulds, and then left them unused in a warehouse for years. You only get your money back and make a profit by running plastic through the moulds...

Just got this months SAMI in the post today....there is a statement from Revell in the news section that there will be some major unveilings at Telford.... :D

1/72 Lightning?

1/72 Canberra?

1/72 Gannet?

1/144 C-17?

We can hope and dream....I understand that the Gannet is a dead cert., with the Lightning (F3) and the Canberra (B2) very high on th e rumour list.....

I suppose the Canberra might be on Revell's list of things to do, chiefly because of the (small) German connection and the possibilities for different variants and decal sheets. Hope so anyway - a really good Canberra in any scale is long overdue (even the Accruate Miniatures kit isn't all that er... accurate). I guess it's only to be expected that just as Trumpeter releases their Gannet, Revell will release another. There will probably be a dozen different Gannet kits by next year (hopefully one of which will be a Mk.3)! Wonder why it is that subjects are ignored for so long and then everyone seems to want to tackle them at the same time?

As for the Lightning, it would certainly be very nice but it's a very British subject, so you have to ask whether Revell think it has enough European/World appeal for sales? Airfix didn't exactly do all that well with their beautiful 48th scale Lightnings so you have to wonder whether the rumour is based in fact or just wishful thinking?

Still, we can but hope. As long as there isn't another pile of dreary World War Two kits (*ducks to avoid flack from WWII fanatics*).

Edited by Chox