Eric Bade's QF4N

Eric,

A very nice model you have made there. I aspire to your level of model building.

I noticed when you masked the wing walks you used thin strips of masking tape (Tamiya?) and some sort of blue blobby looking thing. It almost looks like wax. What is that blue stuff and what does it do?

Thanks,

Clarence

Hi Clarence,

Thank you for your kind words. The purple stuff you can see is Humbrol Maskol. You can find the same type of product in other ranges (for instance Mr Masking Sol in the Mr Hobby Range).

That is a liquid masking product and it protects surfaces you don't want to paint. It cures within minutes as a plastic skin for surface protection. It then peels extremelly easily when your painting is completed.

I use it as a complement with (yes Tamiya) masking tape according to my needs. I know some will work with maskol type of product only, some with masking tape only.

Personnaly I quite often use tamiya tape for straight line and unpainted area straight edges masking and Maskol to fill in the unpainted area.

Happy modelling

Regards

Eric B.