What are you buying?

Just interesting what you guys are hoping to find at Telford? Or like like me going with a handful of cash and seeing what you can find.

I hope to find some 1/12 detail stuff for my Tamiya car collection apart from that whatever takes my fancy.....

Doc

You'll be hanging out at the 'Little cars' stand then?

I remember last year there was a chap looking at the micromesh polishing kits and I thought I'd recommend them as I think they work really well. When I mentioned that I modelled mainly 1/72 planes he replied "Oh, can you use them for planes too?" Not to put the guy down or anything, but I did find it amusing.

(sits back and waits for the; "that was me, what are you trying to say?" post). :D

As for shopping, I'm suffering from a bit of 'overspending guilt' at the moment. That said, I may finally treat myself to the Hase' Dambuster Lanc' and the 'Big Ed' set if its out in time. I'd also like to think the Ark Royal book from Model Alliance will make an appearance prior to the start of the FAA group build. May be tempted by an Eduard I-16 too (uh-oh - this is getting serious again)

Other than that It'll be targets of opportunity, and in such a 'target rich environment', I'm sure there'll be plenty of them.

One other thing I must do is go back through the original thread and compile a list of who's on which stand so I can try to meet a few people. Dunno if it's just me, but I never know what to say to people on the club/SIG stands which is bizarre seeing as I'm probably never surrounded by so many like-minded folk at any other time.

Steve.

I'm hopefully gonna pick up the Trumpeter 1/72 Gannet to partner the Wyvern I bought last year(still unbuilt!)

Also want to get a micromesh sanding set and Mission models Micro chisel and scribing tips.

Plus anything that looks like a bargain and takes my fancy.

Probably going to stock up on paints/filler etc too whilst i'm there.

Mike

Edited by Mikeew
I'm hopefully gonna pick up the Trumpeter 1/72 Gannet to partner the Wyvern I bought last year(still unbuilt!)

Also want to get a micromesh sanding set and Mission models Micro chisel and scribing tips.

Plus anything that looks like a bargain and takes my fancy.

Probably going to stock up on paints/filler etc too whilst i'm there.

Mike

Hi Mike

I bought the Micro Chissel a while back and have used it a lot. I went to buy the scribing heads this weekend but was shocked at the high price of them. I am sure in time I will come to terms with that and buy them though. Not really after anything in particluar but as has been said I will buy what ever catches my attention first.

John :cheers:

Right now I don't have anything concrete I want to buy. Maybe the 1/72 Trumpeter Gannet and Dragon 1/35 Sherman III as my LHS is unlikely to stock 'em.

Apart from that maybe a few 1/72 military bits. First time I've been without a clear list of things I want to pick up.

Oh, and whatever goodies Wonderland have on special offer :)

hi guys, headin for wonderland to see if they're doin a deal on tamiyas big viper....can get it home without

wife seein it ....nurses shes on a late :thumbsup: but dragons mkiv is on wanted list so is eduards new 190

if its out, might look at the f18d if no vipers about, then what looks good....

andy

I bought the Micro Chissel a while back and have used it a lot. I went to buy the scribing heads this weekend but was shocked at the high price of them. I am sure in time I will come to terms with that and buy them though.

John :thumbsup:

I've had a Micro chisel for a while and bought the scribing heads a few weeks ago and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them: yes they are expensive but they're very useful.

Richard

Well I am buying too much :D always do!

Have got myself roped into judging and a few other activities so less time for spending.

Now all I have to do is find my credit card, I mentioned SMW and for somereason it went into hiding :blink: :D

Julien

I'll be stocking up on Xtracrylix paint & thinners...they're lovely, but I get through them so damn fast! I fancy a Hasegawa Tomcat or two (1/48th, of course).

A friend of mine has his heart set on the Heritage Aviation 1/24 Mosquito (guess who'll have to build the damn thing!)

All the best, and see you Sunday.

Phil

Bah! :huh: I'll also now be picking up a £100+ of stuff I ordered from Hannants.. :banana:

OOOOOH you wait till I see caz :pray:

Me I`ve squirelled away away much wonga. So maybe a new airbrush, 1/48 welly, entire xrtacrylix range, silent compressor (the old one keeps scaring Mike) lots of tools and decals. Resin you can never have enough resin. And books and any other stuff that catches my eye. I'm getting all worked up. 1/48 Lightning that will make 6 I have. Can't have enough of them. Oh yeh, Flightpath update set for the Vulcan. And a two seater conversion for the Lightning. And some Eduard pre painted belts all countries all scales.

(For the full visual effect imagine I am running around my workshop talking to myself wildly, whilst not trying to attract any unwanted attention from the wife......SHHHHH Moms the word see you all Saturday)

Luckily its also pay day on the 15th (tomorrow) and I did a load of overtime last month. So spend a little on the card whilst spending a lot in untraceable cash. You have got to really work at this marriage thing and become really devious when covering ones tracks. I learnt that in my first marriage. :cheers:

Glory be to the plastic gods.

Mike I won't tell if you don't :D

Nigel.

Bah! :thumbsup: I'll also now be picking up a £100+ of stuff I ordered from Hannants.. :blink:

Yeah put a £200 order into hannats myself!! :blink: there is some books there as well, but only 2 kits.

Not really looking for anything else, but am getting back into armour so you never know. Will also be on the look out for some more decent brushes.

Julien

I'm hoping to limit m'self to a 1:48 Wyvern, unless an Italeri Macchi 326 can no longer be resisted !!

Hey Julien are we gonna meet-up this year ??

Ian

Edited by IJ(UK)