General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

Wow! Thanks for the images :( Looking forward to the others <_< Well I can always go and dig for some model plans that have amraams on them :pray: I just need pictures for the stencelling on them.

Edited by Lieuwe
  • 2 weeks later...

Lieuwe,no luck on getting pics of the TER's or anything else this past weekend,the unit didn't have anything you needed on the jets in the hanger and I didn't have access to the flightline.Plus the weather was far from ideal for taking pictures.Love the work you've done so far,the guys at the base do also! :cheers:

Absolutely stunning!I contacted Capt. Boatwright and let him know about the printing,I imagine he will discuss with the other pilots and get back with me or you.I sent your e-mail to him so you gentlemen can conduct business without having to go thru me.

Save one of the prints for me!Of course I want it signed by the artist :worship:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! A update on my F-16C profile

f-16c03122006-1250.jpg

I've added a AN/AAQ-14 (just to get it worked into the template as I had drawn it before). What do you guys think about the position? look good ? I am going to start working on the other ordinance soon but I have a few questions. I need the exact length of:

1. 300 Gallon droptank

2. 370 Gallon droptank

3. GBU-12 LGB

4. GBU-10

5. Mk.82

6. Mk.84

7. AIM-9

8. AMRAAM

Hope one of you can help out :woot.gif: BTW If you have drawings of either of these tanks, bombs and missiles I would be really thankfull if you'd feel like sharing them :cheers:

• 1 month later...

When you can how about an F-16 for the Iowa Air National Guard out of Souix City.

B11E088.jpg

The only differance is the plane pictured here is painted Gold for the 50th anniversary of the SQD and the two tone grey was much better.

When you can how about an F-16 for the Iowa Air National Guard out of Souix City.

B11E088.jpg

The only differance is the plane pictured here is painted Gold for the 50th anniversary of the SQD and the two tone grey was much better.

If you can get me good images of the various markings you are on! :worship: The gold finish looks like a cool challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lieuwe! I really like your artwork you do! It's a level of skill I would like to reach one day as well. Until I still have to practice a lot though :)

I am no F-16 expert, and I think you're drawing above is very well done. Comparing your WIP with the photos of the Viper tail, there is some small detail you might improve/correct. Look at the rear section, where the fuselage starts to split between the engine housing fuselage and the elevator root/ speedbrake, in your drawing it is too far forward. According to the photo, it should be more aft, just at the same point where the vertical tail starts to split from the fuselage. Hope you don't mind this little nitpick from an unexperienced aviation art beginner :rolleyes:

I really like your artwork, cause it looks very REAL :thumbsup:

:cheers: RedIndian

• 2 weeks later...
If you can get me good images of the various markings you are on! :explode: The gold finish looks like a cool challenge.

I'll see what I can do. I have a few pictures of the real 50th Ann Aircraft and I think some ground shots of one of the regular F-16s someplace.

I'll see what I can do. I have a few pictures of the real 50th Ann Aircraft and I think some ground shots of one of the regular F-16s someplace.

Update. I found four pictures of the Iowa Guard F-16's. Here are the pictures.

scan0001gd5.jpg

The tail markings are of a bats head in a flat Black with the word IOWA in block letters in the thin grey stripe at the top in the same flat black.Otherwise the aircraft are painted as per directives from the USAF.

scan0002ul1.jpg

Here is a picture of the gold 50th Ann Iowa F-16 I posted an image of before. The unit got into trouble for painting their F-16 like this from the Air Force.

scan0003jn3.jpg

scan0004de3.jpg

I know these may not be of much help but its all I have and Google wasn't any help. The only differance in the two F-16s is pretty much the colors used to paint on the tail markings and the base colors used.

I also found my Decal set from Experts choice that has markings for an Iowa National Guard F-16,A South Dakota Guard f-16 and a Florida one.

decalinstdn5.jpg

And the decal sheet itself.

decalsheetlx3.jpg

Edited by Archangel
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Antonov22 for the kind words! Well after coming home from a Bob Dylan Concert in germany really really late yesterday I got up kinda late so didn't get as much done as I had hoped for. Mainly I have started drawing a AIM-120 AMRAAM to go on the wingtip which has progressed nicely :nanner:

f-16c060407-IDF-2.jpg

What do you guys think about the placement of the missile? It's not finished but I want to get the placement ready first :nanner: