General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

Thanks guys!

Been working on the new dutch demo team's paintscheme for a bit. This must be one of the hardest ones I've ever tried!

F-16AM_J-015_2009demo_220509-2.jpg

Still wondering how I am going to do the top of the wing and I am currently working on the Smokewinder. VERY fiddly!

Thanks for the kind replies guys!

F-16C_860279_188FW.jpg

First in a series of Air National Guard Falcons I intend to do :whistle: F-16C 860279 "City of Fort Smith" from the Arkansas ANG 188FW

Beautiful! :thumbsup:

Thank Aggressor Supporter! The J-015 drawing and some of my IDF Falcons have been added to my aviationgraphic.com subsite! Check it out Here

F-16AM_J-015_2009SSD-2-1000.jpg

Edited by Lieuwe
  • 1 month later...

Awesome stuff Lieuwe. This year's KLu demo scheme sure is... different!

One suggection though: maybe add little "breaks" in the fuselage highlight where there are panel lines, as the surface looks extremely smooth now. This photo shows what I mean:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Italy---Air...-ADF/1224975/L/

Edited by Skyraider3D
  • 4 weeks later...
Awesome stuff Lieuwe. This year's KLu demo scheme sure is... different!

One suggection though: maybe add little "breaks" in the fuselage highlight where there are panel lines, as the surface looks extremely smooth now. This photo shows what I mean:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Italy---Air...-ADF/1224975/L/

Hi Ronnie! Cool to see you over here too :D

I agree that for a ADF this level of visibility for the panellines is a bit underdone, however the demo aircraft I portrayed in my last two drawings are kept very clean and repainted a lot more often then a line jet. This leads to to less dirt buildup in the panel lines and thus less visible panellines. Ugo has designed a very nice poster layout or my artwork of the belgian demo aircraft in the meantime:

LW-23-F16-solodisplay.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Hi Lieuwe!

Last weekend I finally saw "our" F-16 perform at the Eastbourne airshow. Initially I was a bit skeptic about this year's vibrant colour scheme, but having seen it in action it's actually quite superb. The metallic orange reflects against the G-induced vapours coming off the wings and this makes the aircraft look like it's on fire! It works really well, absolutely superb! :woot.gif:

As for the Belgian poster... design looks good but I have to be honest, that "digital" font is horrible! :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Dutch F-16AM J-063 60 Years 322 Sqn commemorative paintscheme

F-16AM_J-063_60years322sqn_2.jpg

This plane was the one Col. Tankink became the first RNLAF pilot to score a kill in since world war II when he shot down a serbian MiG-29 during the Kosovo Crisis using a AIM-120.

Edited by Lieuwe
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice Dutch one. Planning on any Tigermeet ones in the near future like this one posted by polybebber in the Research Corner section?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/pol...5bearbeitet.jpg

Wow I'd love to but to be honest I think that paintscheme is a bit beyond my artistic skills really. It is superb looking though, perhaps using the original designs would be an option if I could get in contact with the guy who made them.

No amount of profile drawing skill can make that one pretty! :thumbsup:

Good work tho'! :worship: I see there's a little bit more detail to be added? (missile rail)

Polly looks great, by the way!

This plane was the one Col. Tankink became the first RNLAF pilot to score a kill in since world war II when he shot down a serbian MiG-29 during the Kosovo Crisis using a AIM-120.
Interesting to see they used J-063 for this. I did a tiny little bit of work on this one during a traineeship with the KLu over a decade ago, while this machine was being upgraded to MLU standard (thanks to which it achieved this kill).

Not sure if that statement is correct, by the way. Dutch pilots scored a few victories over the former Netherlands East Indies between 1945 and 1962, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Skyraider3D
No amount of profile drawing skill can make that one pretty! :whistle:

Good work tho'! :) I see there's a little bit more detail to be added? (missile rail)

Polly looks great, by the way!

Interesting to see they used J-063 for this. I did a tiny little bit of work on this one during a traineeship with the KLu over a decade ago, while this machine was being upgraded to MLU standard (thanks to which it achieved this kill).

Not sure if that statement is correct, by the way. Dutch pilots scored a few victories over the former Netherlands East Indies between 1945 and 1962, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I still have to figure out what armament to put on it, problem is you dont see many pictures of these machines with much on them. Mostly its standard air defence loadouts.

AFAIK I know no kill was claimed post VE day by any RNLAF pilot. There are some kills claimed by KNIL and MLD pilots but none of those pilots flew for the RNLAF. In total KNIL and MLD crews claimed three kills in the east, two indian C-47's (One claimed by a P-40 and one by a B-25) operating on behalf of the Indonesian government and one Indonesian registered one (Claimed by the crew of a Neptune MARPAT aircraft).

Edited by Lieuwe

I suppose KNIL and RNLAF were different organisations, though it's a little vague anyway as at the time the air force was called LSK (Luchtstrijdkrachten) in Holland. The well-known 75-year RNLAF book does include the P-40s, P-51s and B-25s though, so it's a little confusing. :whistle:

Edited by Skyraider3D
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

F-16CBlk30_IND_ANG_851500_tn.jpg

I have updated my site with a drawing of a Indiana ANG Falcon from the 113FS / 181 FW, also I've created a Facebook account, if you want to feel free to add me! The adress is as usual http://www.lieuwedevries.com

In the future I thought it would be cool to draw a drawing for each ANG unit that operated the Falcon, drawing a single seater and a dual for each. For this I'd like your help, if you have high res pictures of ANG Falcons where items like pilot and crewnames are readable I'd love to have them :) If you have good picture of non ANG birds I'd love them too!