Tamyia 1/32 F-15E Finished

that I always say I am not interested in building but it turned out to be a really fun build and looking forward to doing another big jet soon. This has to be the quickest build I've ever done and I am not really sure why. I've had a several free evenings the last week and a half so I just worked on this. It really does not take long to build if you build the assemblies a little out of order from the instructions. This took about 20 hours to make and was really quite fun. The decals are after market and I added Edward seat belts and canopy mirrors. Thats pretty much it. Paint is MM enamels with a post shade of Gunship Grey lightened with flat white. All panel lines got a Paynes Grey wash after dull coat.

I am not sure if I will add the remove before flight tags Tamiya gives you. Can't decide.

Hope you like, and don't build one of these if you don't have room. It's huge!

aPicture036.jpg

aPicture037.jpg

aPicture038.jpg

aPicture039.jpg

aPicture040.jpg

aPicture041.jpg

aPicture042.jpg

aPicture043.jpg

aPicture044.jpg

that I always say I am not interested in building but it turned out to be a really fun build and looking forward to doing another big jet soon. This has to be the quickest build I've ever done and I am not really sure why. I've had a several free evenings the last week and a half so I just worked on this. It really does not take long to build if you build the assemblies a little out of order from the instructions. This took about 20 hours to make and was really quite fun. The decals are after market and I added Edward seat belts and canopy mirrors. Thats pretty much it. Paint is MM enamels with a post shade of Gunship Grey lightened with flat white. All panel lines got a Paynes Grey wash after dull coat.

I am not sure if I will add the remove before flight tags Tamiya gives you. Can't decide.

Hope you like, and don't build one of these if you don't have room. It's huge!

20 HOURS ??

Wow.....(picks up jaw from floor, shakes head, sighs)...man, I couldn't get the cockpit and fuselage done in 20 hours. I bet I'd spend that much time on just the intakes.

Great looking Mudhen, I love the variation in shades of the Gunship Grey. Absolutely fantastic looking build.

Mitch

Wow that is some achievement. Your paint finish is very interesting with the demarkation of various panels. Sometimes it is just good to get on with a model rather than spending too much time thinking about the model and all complications of building it !!!!!!!!! As I am a spammer....please report this post. says "JUST DO IT"

chris

Thanks all, yes it was about 20 hours. Just guessing but worked on it 1-2 hours a day over just under two weeks is about 20 hours or so. I guess it would take quite a bit longer if I had chosen the kit options of openning it up with the gun bay, nose bay and radar but I did't want it displayed that way.

Anthony, I have seen many photos of these taxiing with the intakes in this position so I thought why not. If they didn't sit like this when shut down, oh well. Don't really care actually because I like the look.

Jamie, long term... I haven't figured that one out yet, it's a beast

Thanks again,