Spraying Xtracrylix

Just sprayed some Xtracrylix White (thinned to milk consistency with Xtracrylix thinner ) at about 15 PSI but the paint came out all runny with spiderwebs :cheers:

I read this might be because i had thinned too much,but it looked like the right consistency.

Oh, and this is the first time i've used acrylics, so not off to a very good start! :D

Edited by model_madness

Ummm. I have just used Xtracrylix for the first time on my ongoing Victor build. I thinned 50/50 with water and then added a couple of drops of flow enhancer. Apart from the clogging of the tip, they layed down wonderfully leaving a semi gloss finish. I probably could have got away without the Klear coat for decalling. But better to be safe than sorry.

I read an article on the Xtracrylix range and in it they experimented with differant types of thinners. They found water was better than the Xtracrylix thinners. Heres the link to article.

Xtracrylix review

Hope this helps some.

Nigel.

interesting thread.

i have just purchased some Xtracrylix and intend on using them for the first time this weekend.

I might do some test spraying first after reading thet review over on HS in the link in a previous post :thumbsup:

I'll try the warm tap water trick first I think. It may be different for me as the test was done using an Aztek AB, but I use an Iwata.

I 'll let you know my results!

regards,

Mike

Edited by Mikeew

I sprayed Xtracrylix unthinned. Great result but the airbrush was a b@gger to clean. I had to leave the tip in Sprayaway for a couple of days! I hope they never stop making Xtracolour enamels.

Edited by Graham T