Hi ARCers; this is my first post on the in progress section. It's a long term project simply because it takes me ages to get things done.............nothing to do with the skill level, as you will see! Fortunately for me I'm putting it together under the helpful watch of Neil (Paragon) Burkill, so anyway here goes.......

Bf109_1.jpg

Bf109_2.jpg

Bf109_3.jpg

Bf109_4.jpg

Bf109_5.jpg

:rolleyes:

.......and now some camouflage. Does anybody else have 'three steps forward and two steps back' days? I seem to have them very often.

109f1.jpg

109f2.jpg

109f3.jpg

109f4.jpg

Next the decals. Small problem; I've lost them! Oh well time for more money into the Eagle Strike coffers. Maybe I'll use the kit crosses and swastikas whilst waiting for the postman.

Looking good. I've got the decals in the stash, but no kit to put 'em on just yet.

One question for you: isn't the sandgelb supposed to extend up over the wing fillettes, too? Mind you, all I've ever seen are artist's profiles and other people's models, so this question is based on nothing more than what I expect to see as opposed to hard data.

Perhaps it won't matter in the end if you apply heavy exhaust staining, as desert 109's often had!

Cheers,

Tony

One question for you: isn't the sandgelb supposed to extend up over the wing fillettes, too?

Photos I've seen of JG 27 aircraft, where you could see any demarkation between the colors, would suggest that's true. Any chance you can shoot some more RLM79 on the fillets? Overall though I think it looks fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
Photos I've seen of JG 27 aircraft, where you could see any demarkation between the colors, would suggest that's true. Any chance you can shoot some more RLM79 on the fillets? Overall though I think it looks fantastic.

Thanks David and Tony; you are both correct. The question of "to fillet or not to fillet" reared its ugly head as I was doing the masking or, more correctly, as I was undoing it! Neil also suggested that when I got back from the current 4 months away I dust on a couple of light coats of sandgelb and overlay some exhaust staining in pastel or Tamiya smoke.

Good to see you talented blokes are singing from the same song sheet!

This reply was supposed to have some photos attached but I've done something odd in photobucket (least it's in a bucket eh :blink: )so they'll have to wait. Neil, if you read this can you post the latest photos here for me? Ta.

Thanks to all for the encouraging comments.

Remember: it's all very well engaing in 1 to 1 combat in those airy vaults but if you don't nail the advancing hordes and they build a SAM site in your crewroom, youve lost!

Mud is meant to be moved :rofl:

This reply was supposed to have some photos attached but I've done something odd in photobucket (least it's in a bucket eh <_< )so they'll have to wait. Neil, if you read this can you post the latest photos here for me? Ta.

Right oh. :D

crosses1.jpg

crosses2.jpg

crosses3.jpg

:banana:

Neil also suggested that when I got back from the current 4 months away I dust on a couple of light coats of sandgelb and overlay some exhaust staining in pastel or Tamiya smoke.

Yeah, I would think that would work great. I can't wait to see it as it progresses. I built one of Marseille's Bf 109Fs years ago but it was unfortunately destroyed in a move.

Thanks Neil, how's tricks? :)

Not bad :cheers: . Finally made a start on re-doing all the Mosquito stuff (not before time!). It's a pity you are not here at the moment, I could do with the use of your 'Mosquito Bible' book I borrowed before, it was a usefull little book if I remember correctly!

B)

Not bad :cheers: . Finally made a start on re-doing all the Mosquito stuff (not before time!). It's a pity you are not here at the moment, I could do with the use of your 'Mosquito Bible' book I borrowed before, it was a usefull little book if I remember correctly!

B)

The books are on the shelf in the study. There's a set of pilots notes for the FBVI, the 'bible', a reprint of the RAF tech manual, 'Mossie at War' and the datafile..........get crackin'!!!!!! I'll tell Mrs Miggins that you'll pop round for them at some point. Have you still got our home phone number? :)

The books are on the shelf in the study. There's a set of pilots notes for the FBVI, the 'bible', a reprint of the RAF tech manual, 'Mossie at War' and the datafile..........get crackin'!!!!!! I'll tell Mrs Miggins that you'll pop round for them at some point. Have you still got our home phone number? :)

Top stuff !! Yup, just checked, still got the number. Let me know when it is ok to phone up and I will pop round and pick 'em up. Brilliant !! :cheers:

B)