I was having a flick throught the website for some cockpit photos and came up with the idea to pin a page with links that could be useful to all of us! So guys please add you links to sites that you use and that could be a helping hand to some of us!

• 1 month later...

The question came up this week in an email about out of the bottle matches for the “84 sky color.†I made up some sample chips from the bottles I had on hand and matched them to the color chips in the original Monogram Painting Guide, Michael Ullman’s Colours of the German Luftwaffe and Eagle Editions Luftwaffe Color Chart. From the color matches, it appears that the paint manufacturers have been using the Monogram Guide.

Results:

Life Color RLM 84 Graublau: Pretty much a dead on match to the Monogram chip and very close to the other two chips.

Model Master Acryl 84 Grunblau: A dead on match to the Monogram chip.

Mr. Kit 84 Grunblau: Also a dead on match to the Monogram chip.

Poly Scale 84 Grunblau: Very close to the Monogram chip.

109 K-4 Buff: Floquil Antique White: I matched this color to several artifacts in Eagle Editions collection and is a very good match.

Note: Ullman and Eagle Editions do not present a color chip for Grunblau or the K-4 buff.

For those using Gunze a mix of 3 parts RLM 75, 2 parts RLM 65, 2 parts RLM 02, and 2 parts white will get close to Grunblau.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Dave