Battlestar Galactica

Hey- which boxing of Season 1 DVD has the miniseries with it?

I didn't realize there was a boxing of the Season 1 DVD without it ...

watched the deleted scenes the other day; I didn't like Boxey in the original series, and I still don't like him in the deleted scenes of the new series either :cheers:

I didn't realize there was a boxing of the Season 1 DVD without it ...

watched the deleted scenes the other day; I didn't like Boxey in the original series, and I still don't like him in the deleted scenes of the new series either :D

OK- So you got the boxing with the miniseries I take- whats on the cover?

Just to get on track, I for one enjoyed the Original as a kid growing up. I do own the original on DVD and will not give it up. That being said, I also like this new show. For those that are taking sides each has it's merits but I think that it comes down to 'How well does it keep my interest'. So far so good.

Do I like those '70s chicks??? You bet!!!! Do I like the new Girls.... You Bet!!!!!!

Did I like the old story??? Yes. Do I think they can pull this new one off??? Sure do!!!

Having watched all the Episodes on season #2 (up to #13) I like what I see.

So there you have it, I'm not takin' sides.

:rolleyes:

Emil

I liked the original, except for Boxey and Muffit...

Oddly enough, while I didn't like Boxey and Muffit then, I don't mind them now. I think it's because back then I was close to Boxey's age and I wanted to identify with the adult characters, not him. Now that I'm an adult I feel more secure identifying with the adult characters and looking at Boxey in a more parental way.

And yet, Noah Hathaway (who played Boxey) is in fact my age. I think time travel would create similar disorientation...

My only real gripe with the new show is that they eliminated every female character (yeah, Cassiopeia was expendable, but Athena? Sheba?) and instead, took some of the great male supporting characters and made them female instead.

Boomer was my favorite pilot on the old show. Of course, I was also the only kid in my class who knew who Wedge was in Star Wars...

My only real gripe with the new show is that they eliminated every female character (yeah, Cassiopeia was expendable, but Athena? Sheba?) and instead, took some of the great male supporting characters and made them female instead.

Boomer was my favorite pilot on the old show. Of course, I was also the only kid in my class who knew who Wedge was in Star Wars...

Hey, Wedge was my guy!! I never wanted to mess with the Force like Luke, I was strictly a pilot...just wanted to take care of business, get-in-and-get-out!

Hey, Wedge was my guy!! I never wanted to mess with the Force like Luke, I was strictly a pilot...just wanted to take care of business, get-in-and-get-out!

I always thought I was the only one who knew who Wedge was....Ya gotta feel sorry for the guy, though-nobody ever talks to him except over the radio!

Felinoid

Boomer was my favorite pilot on the old show.

Boomer was a good, solid charactor in the old show, kind of the voice of reason to Apollo and Starbuck's hotshot fighter pilots. Whatever happened to the actor, Herbert Jefferson, Jr,? If he's still around, it would be great to have him show up on the new BSG, perhaps as the new Boomer's father....I know, they established that her parents were killed in a accident, work around it...

And I think I know why they didn't feature Athena in the new show-because they couldn't get anyone to match the spectacularly beautiful Maren Jensen :banana: !

Felinoid

Edited by Felinoid
I always thought I was the only one who knew who Wedge was....Ya gotta feel sorry for the guy, though-nobody ever talks to him except over the radio!

Felinoid

Watch the end of Return of the Jedi closely - Han and Chewie both shake his hand, Lando gives him a pretty enthusiastic greeting, and Luke gives him a bear hug. At least they recognize his greatness.

That was the best part of the "special edition" movies - in each one, we got a little more Wedge. I'm with you, Andrew D - Wedge wasn't a Jedi or anything, just a professional pilot who did his job better than the other guy. And he was the only one who made it through both Death Star battles plus Hoth.

Felinoid

Get hold of the Xwing books. Wedge comes into his own then as commander of Rogue and later Wraith Squadron.

:banana:

MikeJ

He also does the DVD commentary track on "Saga of a Star World" (the pilot movie for the original series), along with Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch. He appears in some of the bonus feature documentaries on the DVD set as well. And if I'm not mistaken, he was one of the original-series actors who signed up for the revival... until the revival died and was replaced with the "reimagined" series.

(Grumble, grumble... Note that the original show had prominent and estimable black characters in positions of authority, which the new series does not... although admittedly all I've seen is the pilot miniseries...)

He also does the DVD commentary track on "Saga of a Star World" (the pilot movie for the original series), along with Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch. He appears in some of the bonus feature documentaries on the DVD set as well. And if I'm not mistaken, he was one of the original-series actors who signed up for the revival... until the revival died and was replaced with the "reimagined" series.

(Grumble, grumble... Note that the original show had prominent and estimable black characters in positions of authority, which the new series does not... although admittedly all I've seen is the pilot miniseries...)

I think Richard Hatch had just about everyone from the original cast who was still alive (including the late John Colicos, who died just a short while after the promo film was shot) on board for the revival.