Battlestar Galactica

Just watched it again lastnight and I noticed something that made me drop my soda all over the coffee table ( hmm should it be a soda table?)

Does anyone have any screen shots of Adama and Tigh talking in Adama's quarters.

If you look over Tigh's shoulder, you see several pictures. One of them is a picture of a different Viper. F-16 nose and intake. Or at least thats what I was seeing, Anyone else see that?

William G :lol:

I don't know where this reptile myth comes from. I think it was a person who said "they're probably reptiles with scaly skin" or something -- said inside the original show, thus making people think it was true. However, the cylons WERE robots. Starbuck took 3 damaged ones and made 1 working one whilst stranded on a planet once.

They are robots. They have mechanical parts.

Because of this, I liked the fact that humans made them (in the new mini-series)

I think that the funny part to all of this is that Adama is pulling a fast one over his people in the need to keep unification and central presence of purpose. Earth does not exist... The humor is what if they begin to find traces here or there and these peices point to a reality Not a sham?

Oh I wouldn't say that. Maybe Adama lied and maybe he didn't. After all Adama never admitted to lying about Earth to Madame President. She stated he was lying because in her conversations with the recently deceased president the subject of a real Earth was denied. At that point Adama just agrees to let her run the civil government, his little "might as well be Earth" statement not withstanding. Remember he told the people the "high command" knew the location. Now if he meant their version of the JCS then it is quite possible that the President of the Colonial government was kept in the dark. It is also possible that not only did the high command know of Earth's whereabouts, but also that the Cylons were replicating human beings. After all Adama seemed to pick up the fact that the "renegade" was a robot pretty fast as in his very first conversation with him. If the high command suspected that the Cylons were making human like robots, then the secret of Earth would have definitely been a need to know and jealously guarded one. Even if the high command didn't know about the Cylon's "homo-bots", Adama did at the point of his conversation with the new president in his quarters. I do belive his character would keep such a secret very close to his vest until he knew for certain all of the Cylon "homo-bots" were purged from the Galactia and fleet. So the question of pulling a fast one is still pretty much open. As is Gaius Baltar's humanity.

Guest Michael Paquette
I don't know where this reptile myth comes from. I think it was a person who said "they're probably reptiles with scaly skin" or something -- said inside the original show, thus making people think it was true. However, the cylons WERE robots. Starbuck took 3 damaged ones and made 1 working one whilst stranded on a planet once.

Because of this, I liked the fact that humans made them (in the new mini-series)

I don't think it's a myth. I remember around the time when the original series aired, publications like 'Starlog' ran articles about the show and I think the concept of a reptilian race originating the Cylon machines was an idea that was mentioned for promotoin of the showl but not given substance in aired episodes. I do remember seeing a picture of a Cylon leader that was an organic looking alien with a caption stating the ruling leader was made in the image of the member of the race that created the Cylons.

Remember that lizard-eyed thing sitting in an elevated chair that Baltor was brought to?

I don't think it's a myth. I remember around the time when the original series aired, publications like 'Starlog' ran articles about the show and I think the concept of a reptilian race originating the Cylon machines was an idea that was mentioned for promotoin of the showl but not given substance in aired episodes. I do remember seeing a picture of a Cylon leader that was an organic looking alien with a caption stating the ruling leader was made in the image of the member of the race that created the Cylons.

Remember that lizard-eyed thing sitting in an elevated chair that Baltor was brought to?

The novelisation of the movie explains it pretty well really. The cylons were organic. Warriors wore powered armour. The Leader class recieved a second brain after attaining higher rank while the highest of the leaders such as the Imperious Leader (the lizard looking thing on the pedestal-throne) had 3 brains. They were the equivalent of admiral or warlord.

Somehow the movie made the warriors androids. Beats me how they could shoot straight anyways with that red LED going back n forth!

:taunt:

MikeJ

Mike,

have you gotten your tape yet? I agree with you on the cylons being able to shoot with the red led going back and forth..hmm maybe thats why it takes 3 of them to pilot the ship better odds of hitting the broad side of a barn ..lol

No tape yet, but the Christmas mail fallout has not finished down under as yet. Hopefully before new year :wasntme:

My wife purchsed the DVD boxed set of the original series. Now we can hear

"By your command" and "It is done, Imperious Leader" in full Dolby surround sound now :P

:rolleyes:

MikeJ

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Dr. Smith was the voice of Lucifer (and Spectre, and any other IL series Cylon seen in the show).

In the case of Cylons being mechanical, that was pretty much established in "Saga of a Star World" with Apollo's explaination to Boxey about the Cylons while they were searching for the Tylium mine in a Landram. The Cylons built the machines, then the reptilian Cylons died out leaving only the machines, who went to war with Humanity. I read the novels also and they were always a little different in their portrayal of the Cylons (hence the reptilians under the body armor concept). But the series always stayed with the mechanical Cylon. Baltar's Cylon pilots got disassembled after he was captured and then reassembled later in "Baltar's Escape". No reptiles were harmed in the disassembly of said Cylon pilots. :cheers:

The Cylons built the machines, then the reptilian Cylons died out leaving only the machines, who went to war with Humanity.

Just to expand a bit upon what Jay said. As I recall, the war with the Cylons started when the humans came to the assistance of a humanoid race that was being assaulted or enslaved by the Cylons. The Tin-Heads took exception to that and initiated was against the humans.

All this explained, as Jay mentioned, during Apollo's talk with the ever-annoying Boxey, a common TV method of giving the viewers some background information without going through some convoluted introductory segment.

Gentlemen/Ladies,

Today is the Day for the Canadian Fans of BSG.

The link- Space

Behind the scenes footage starts at 2030 EST (1730 PST)

Part one starts at 2100 EST (1800 PST)

Be there or set the VCR. :lol:

Beers and Popcorn extra. :D

:wave:

Emil

Starts pretty slow but I guess they have to build on the story. My mind is still open. I'm with Charlie more believable on the SFX and dialogue......Mind you it reminds me of USN Carrier OPS. :P (not a bad thing)

Any how Off to do the housework. (and some building today) :P

:wave:

Emil

Ok.....the show is different but I think it has potential to be very good. For the die hard BSG fans the show is not like the old and will never be able to replace it. But this show works....and I look forward to the series.

Just my opinion.

:cheers:

Emil

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys BSG Fans......Just a quick note on the series. It's on!!!!

SCI-FI

There are more updates if you scroll to the bottom of the link. You will find that there are some interesting story lines being thought of..... Some you may like. :)

;)

Emil

Interesting developments there. As for possible roles for original series actors, I've been thinking it might be cool if they had Dirk Benedict casted to play Commander Cain if they do a "Pegasus" episode. There could be some nice Cain/Starbuck interplay there between old and new Starbuck actors as they already seem to have a nice banter in the interview they did together (at "Starbucks Coffee" of all places). And I think Dirk could carry the role quite well given that his age and the original Starbuck role would make for some potentially nice parrallels.

• 3 weeks later...