Russias' finest...Trumpy Flanker

Once again, many thanks for all of the positive feedback. I'm glad that so many people like it. The finished item is sitting pretty in my display case now waiting to be joined by other big modern jets.

absolutely beautiful congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I hope mine when I build it as 1/10 as good. Yes the zacto pieces are beautiful aren't they? how long did the whole build take and what are you building next?

Wow :o .....1/10th scale. Now that should be something to see. I hope you'll post some progress here on ARC so we can see how it looks.

As for how long this thing took, I've been trying to work it out.

Averaging things across the board, the build started in Feb '05 so it's approx 102 weeks. Call it 100 for ease of calculation.

Initially I was at it hammer and tongs but less so toward the end. I'm guessing an average of 5 hours a week so + or - 500 hours...ish That really is a very rough guesstimate. I did n't bother logging the hours when I started out as I had absolutely no idea that it would become such a monster. I'm kind of lost now, I don't really have anything to do :)

The next build proper will be a continuation of my Tamiya 1/32nd F-15E. The last time I touched that was nearly a year ago :huh: How time flies when you're having fun, eh?

Before that, as a change of pace, I'm pestering the dickens out of the regulars over in the Classic Aviation forum....

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....108080&st=0

You just inspired me to go on with my build

Glad to hear that Wasserfall. It's about time we saw more from you my friend.

Thanks again fellas.

:D

You are kidding me?

that's no model - WOW!!!!

Amazing effort - certainly one of the best and most realistic looking model I have ever seen!

thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent with us - I learned much from your build, and look forward to more!

:bandhead2:

cheers,

--Frank

Great Job. This is the first time I've viewed any of the posts of your model. When I first looked at the pictures I thought I was looking at pictures of a real Flanker. You did an awesome job, even the cement of the base looks real.

The next batch are a few detail shots for those interested in the Zactomodel correction sets.

tn_Canopyunderside.jpg

I only hope I have managed to do justice to these magnificent aftermarket products :)

Justice???

:wub:

You should be locked in a padded room!

Dude you're crazy! (in a very good way!!!)

You have my stamp of approval:

Z

That model is absolutely the shiznit! :D

Chris :)

You probably do not listen to Metallica,but they have a song(and an album) which is called "Master of Puppets".Well,what can i say?

You are MASTER and we are puppets...Your model is just amaizing.The best I have ever seen... :worship: :wub: :wave::woot.gif:

Geez... mother...!

Guess I caught a cheater cos you´re posting but pictures of the real thing. Nah, that aint good. Just anyone can do that, man...

Who´re you tryin´ to impress here, huh?

(Now I generously want to save you the precious hours trying to figure out the subtext of this - in short:

:blink: :unsure: ;) :) :cheers: GREAT!!!

Didn´t really know it was done until just now...)

I think I´ll have to look at these pictures for quite some time because there´s simply such stunning detail in seemingly so marginal parts that I can´t figure it out all at once and name it here. This is truly among the most consitently realized pieces of talent if not the best I´ve ever seen.

Edited by upupandaway
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually i think its rude to take pics of the real Flanker and then say its a model kit... :thumbsup: BTW if thats a model then i live in North Korea!

BEST FLANKER EVER ! ! !

Edited by Su-34
  • 3 months later...

CONGRATULATIONS!

YOUR MODEL REPRESENT AN EXTENSIVE,CLEAR AND TRUE KNOWLEDGE IF THE FLANKER ,ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE RUSIAN AEROSPACE INDUSTRY? INDOUBTLY YOE REALLY KNOW EVERY DETAIL OF the FLANKER, MOST DETAILS INCLUDED IN YOUR SU 27 ARE INVISIBLES FOR THE BIG MAYORITY OF FANS, LIKE ME,WHO ONLY KNOW THE FLANKER FOR PHOTOS OR VIDEOS.

Y MEJOR ESCRIBO EN CASTELLANO QUE ME SALE MEJOR , ESPERO ME ENTIENDA.

SINCERAMENTE SERIA UNA GRAN AYUDA PARA QUIENES DESEAMOS CONSTRUIR UN MEJOR MODELO DEL FLANKER , SI CONSIDERASE PUBLICAR UN LIBRO CON ESTAS IMAGENES QUIZA EN UNA MAYOR RESOLUCION,ACOMPAÑADA DE DATOS DIMENSIONALES DE LOS DETALLES POR USTED REALIZADOS TAN EXITOSAMENTE.

UNA VES MAS FELICITACIONES Y YA ESPERO INTRIGADO VER SU PROXIMO PROYECTO .

I don't think I could add anything that already hasn't been said Guy..... awesome,astounding,unbelievable..I could go on and on... You truly have a level of talent that ALL of us here @ ARC strive for... but may never reach. But you are so willing to share your ideas and techniques,and it is greatly appreciated.

I personally want to thank you for helping me out on my Mudhen,and congratulate you on such a stunning work of art.Take care...

Scot M.

Hi fellas. I am so grateful for all of the kind comments.

I am humbled by your enthusiasm and would like to convey my deep appreciation. It is your positive energy and warmth that gives me the spark to post my models here.

I salute you all :salute: Thankyou.

FOXBAT2000, I don't speak Spanish but I ran your reply through a translator. Thankyou.

I don't think this model deserves a book but I appreciate the suggestion. However, I hope that these pictures and the in-progress thread elsewhere on ARC can provide some insight and suggestions for other builds.

And thank you Scot. I am honoured that you should consider this build in the same league as so many others here on ARC. I suppose we are our own worst critics but genuinely feel that I've got a long way to go to match the skill shown by many other modellers here on ARC. I do find ARC both inspirational and aspirational.

Also, I'm glad to be able to help in any way I can. I get a huge kick out of seeing your Mudhen updates. You're doing a great job mate :thumbsup: , keep at it.

Thanks again everyone. :worship:

:cheers:

*EDIT*

Bonus images added. 24th May 2009

I hope you enjoy these extra bonus pics I snapped recently.

tn_Su-27002.jpg

tn_Su-27023.jpg

tn_Su-27022.jpg

tn_Su-27026.jpg

tn_Su-27012.jpg

tn_Su-27011.jpg

tn_Su-27010.jpg

tn_Su-27016.jpg

tn_Su-27018.jpg

tn_Su-27030.jpg

Edited by geedubelyer

This AWESOME,BRILLIANT WORKMANSHIP.....The detailed modeling is absolutely great and wonderful to look at.....you know what it looks SO REAL....

For a minute or two I forgot that I was looking at a Model AS IT looks so real....I mean I just viewed the Waddington 2007 show photos by another ARC member and the SU 27 that the INDIANS have brought over LOOKS LIKE your MODEL.........LOVE your work :wub: :wub: .AMAZING....JAWDROPPING...

:thumbsup::worship:

Edited by HOLMES

:o HOLY COW these pics look like the real aircraft! You did a really nice job on your SU! I thought the Su-27 I have in 1/48 scale was big, I can't imagine where you are displaying the monster.

Regards,

Robert

• 1 year later...

WOW!

Why didnt i see this sooner. I have been going over the build pages for months just to see some of the tricks you employed. Makes what ever efforts ill do to the kit seem childish. My hat is off to you my good man.

Now im really going to have to take my time on my flanker. Heck the parts have been fermenting in their boxes for 2 years now. Truly inspiring work.