Russias' finest...Trumpy Flanker

Hello folks,

As some of you know, I've been playing around with the 1/32nd Su-27 for a while now. I've posted a couple of teasers on my in-progress thread but rather than extend that anymore, I've decided to post some pics over here.

Let me start by saying that in the spirit of this forum, any or all comments and criticism are welcome. I am a firm believer in constructive criticism and all comments will be taken in good part. I hope to learn from this exercise and to improve my techniques and standards over time.

So go ahead, do your worst....... :pray: ....... :D

Here is my Flanker walkaround:

Pb040016.jpg

Pb040011.jpg

Pb040012.jpg

Pb040014.jpg

You'll notice that the photos are cropped somewhat. This is because there are still one or two more details to add but it's not worth posting the pics over on "in-progress" as there is very little difference to see at this stage of the build.

I've got to add the pitot and pylons yet but I'll add pics to this thread once she's complete.

Edited by geedubelyer

That's all for now folks. I'll add more to this thread once the pylons are finished and I've attached the final pieces to the big bird.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

If you have any questions I'll try my best to respond with suitable answers.

:cheers:

Just speechless... :cheers:

I've never seen such a model looks so close to the real thing,indeedly.

Congratulations!

Now finish the pylons,weapons and put on the pitot tube!Me wanna see the PERFECT Flanker! :D

BTW:why not try more burnt effects on the afterburner and metal area?I think the color of that area in photos looks like the tempered saw.

:banana:

That looks abso-effing-lutely amazing. All those resin/PE accessories simply came alive in your hands. I particularly like the paint job - so realistically faded. My only critique is with the pictures, it looks like they were taken at a higher resolution but were crudely scaled down to fit on a web page, resulting in graininess.

Cheers,

Terry

Beautiful. I watched your progress pics, and it truly is an impressive piece of work. How much time do you think you spent on the whole process? 1000 hours? You must have with the attention to detail that was involved. It is absolutely amazing, and I know that I'll be referring to the build when I muster the cojones to do my flanker (+ it's gazillion accessories).

Kudos - Jon

Aww, shucks :wub: You guys are the tops ^_^

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and compliments. I'm very glad so many of you like the model, it makes it all worthwhile.

I've still got the bits 'n' bobs to finish including the ladder and intake covers. Once they're done I'll take some final pics and post them on here.

Just to explain a couple of things....

BTW:why not try more burnt effects on the afterburner and metal area?I think the color of that area in photos looks like the tempered saw.
You are right Haneto, some of the panels covering the engines do show more signs of heat distress but I only got the reference disc after I had already finished the jet pipe area :blink: Upto that point I had been using two books as reference, the Verlinden Lock-On no.17 and Jon Lakes' Su-27 book for Osprey Aerospace. Neither book showed very heavily weathered metallic areas so I just went with what I saw in the books. I hope that explains my choice ;)
My only critique is with the pictures, it looks like they were taken at a higher resolution but were crudely scaled down to fit on a web page, resulting in graininess.
Spot on Terry, you are exactly right.....I had the image quality set too high and had to re-size these pics or they would have been enormous, sorry. The sun was shining first thing on Saturday and it was kind of a spur of the moment impulse. I'll take more care with the final batch as I want to send them in an article to SteveB.

Thanks again for all of the enthusiasm and support guys,

:wave:

Congratulation Guy

It's difficult to add something to the compliments above, you can be proud of your model. :whistle::banana:

I have a question on the pictures : do you take them on an airfield ?

Thank you for your pictures, and for the time you took to share this huge build with us

norbert