Russias' finest...Trumpy Flanker

G-Dub,

Hope you've figured out by now that you have a real gift. To piggyback on Skii's comments-you really have created a work of art that mimicks the real thing-we all try to do that but You sir have figured it out. Thankfully for the rest of us, you are very generous with your insight, and we have all learned alot from you watching this beautiful build come together.

I can't wait to see what you do next! :(

Regards,

Pig

Some criticism, eh? Let's see you missed the...uh...ummm...You should have...well...erm...Next time you really ought to...duhhh...

OK. I got nuthin'.

That's an incredible piece of work. I've been following your progress over on In-Progress (lurker that I am), and I have to say it's one of my favourite builds, right up there with Zactoman's Flanker and Pig's Bug.

I can't wait to see more. Any higher resolution pics available?

Cheers,

Tony

Hi geedubelyer,

let me congratulate you on your beautiful model. You know I've been folowing your build from begining and I can only think how must it feel like to finally open the thread in Critique corner. I just hope I will join you one day :thumbsup:. All that effort payed off. Thank You for inspiration.

Congrats once more !! :monkeydance:

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hello guys 'n' gals. :wave:

You're just the best, thanks everyone. I have n't replied to the last comments until now as I did n't have any piccies to add, sorry! Alot of you guessed that the backdrop is Waddo so well done for that. I just wish I could get a bigger print done as this model overhangs the edges a bit.

Believe it or not, yesterday was the first calm, fine day since the last burst of photos. I got the 35mm SLR out and took some pics of the Flanker but,.....I have n't got a clue as to how they'll turn out. :(

I'm getting spoiled by digital and I've forgotten even the basics of "real" photography so I'm not expecting much. However, in the mean time I did take a couple of larger digi-pics.

I'm experimenting with the Easy-Thumbnailer that John Wolstenholme recommended so these two images have been re-sized (the originals are both over 2meg...), let's see how they look........

tn_P1270002.jpg

Similar to a previous image but now showing the pitot from the Zactomodels' nosecone correction set and the scratch built ladder propped against the fuselage.

The sky was a little overcast which allows some of the more subtle detail to show better in the low contrast situation.

tn_P1270003.jpg

This shows some dirt and staining on the aft uppersurfaces.

I've yet to get the film developed onto CD but when I do, watch this space...(he said, hopefully :worship: )

Thanks for looking.

:lol:

I'm a sucker for realistic undercarriage. For some reason I think it makes the difference between a good model and a truly fantastic one. And that's the best undercarriage I have ever seen. Bar none. Thank you for allowing us the privilege of seeing such an amazing build. I'm inspired in the best way. Nice one, mate...

Thankyou fellas, I'm glad you like it.

I have to agree with you Thom which is why I spent so much time and effort on them. Some of these next pics might get your juices flowing.......

Haneto, I've seen your work on the 1/72nd scale MIGs so I know what's in store when you begin your big Flanker, I for one can't wait. If you do want some larger pics just let me know. The originals to these next few are about 1-1.5megs.

And thank you Dr.P. Coming from a man of your undoubted talents, that is high praise indeed. much appreciated. (oh, and BTW, there were times when it nearly flew.......!! :wacko: )

O.k., so these and the ones I post after I've been to the gym are the last few pics then.

I tried my best with the SLR but I can't help feeling a little disappointed. I don't think I improved anything much from the first set of pics but you guys be the judges.

Carrying on from the last photo, here are a set of three of the topside......

tn_15420009.jpg

The first overall shot of the upper surfaces.

tn_15420010.jpg

Looking straight down on the engines.

tn_15420008.jpg

And a little closer to the metal parts....

I'm off to the gym......back with some more a little later.

(Sorry they're not bigger but Photobucket limits the file size on the account I've got)

:salute:

Stunning!!!! :wacko:

Extremely life-like presence! I just want to climb into the cockpit

Thank you stenkabg, I've tried my best, I'm glad you like it :)

Phew! I'm worn out so it's nice to sit here with a cuppa and post the last set of photos.

Some of the recent images are very similar to previous pics but I hope the quality is higher and people are able to see any detail better. My photography skills need refreshing though and I apologise in advance for any disappointment this may cause.....

First one is a rear three-quarter view with the pylons installed

tn_15420007.jpg

And as a special treat for thom and others, here's a closer look at the port main gear and surrounding areas.

tn_15420005.jpg

tn_15420006.jpg

Some may notice the bare metal panel at the top of the main wheel well. You always forget something, eh? :doh:

And whilst I'm on the subject, the starboard main gear.

Stbdmaingear.jpg

The next batch are a few detail shots for those interested in the Zactomodel correction sets.

First up, the nosecone......

tn_15420033.jpg

and pitot

Pitot.jpg

Beautifully sculpted, delicately detailed, high quality products. People, IMHO these mods are a must for an accurate looking Flanker :wacko:

Intakes next......

Intotheintakes.jpg

Not the best photo in the world but hopefully you can make out the proportions of the resin intakes. Compare these to pictures of the kit parts and you can see what an improvement these sets make to the look of the finished model.

Of course, we must n't forget the canopy since this is what started the ball rolling.

tn_Canopyunderside.jpg

I only hope I have managed to do justice to these magnificent aftermarket products :doh:

If so, anyone thinking of getting a set can see why they should :)

And lastly, to finish off, a few random shots I had laying around :wacko:

tn_Cockpit.jpg

tn_15420023.jpg

The rear........(they pics are out of focus, it's not your eyes :wacko: )

tn_15420029.jpg

tn_15420028.jpg

And two home made details.

a close-up of a wing tip pylon and the anti-static rods

Wingtippylon.jpg

tn_Anti-static.jpg

Stick a fork in this thing, I think it's done :yahoo: :)

Thanks for taking the time to view the photos everyone. Your company during this build has been the incentive and inspiration to get it done. I'm humbled by all of the many kind comments and praise. For me, it makes any hardship during the build worthwhile.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask and of course, any criticism will be ignored taken on board :doh: