YF-23 Black Widow II

Thanks for the nice replies! :cheers:

It took me about 5 or 6 hours, much of which was searching the web for the F-16 and a good background.

A lot of the time was also experimenting with Photoshop. I'm still trying and learning new stuff every time I use it! (and loving it!).

For the YF-23 I trimmed out the model, lightened and contrasted it on one layer, then added a few adjustment layers on top, black set to soft-light, black set to overlay and blue-gray set to overlay and that's about it. The underlying panel lines, highlighting and shadowing blended with the adjustment layers to give the finish above.

The cockpit area was stolen from an F-18 pic from the net and the canopy and reflection airbrushed on with PS.

The markings were mostly stolen from pics of the real plane and distorted/adjusted to fit and look right. I couldn't find a good photo of the badge on the side of the fuselage so I scanned a decal sheet and used it. I should have just done this from the beginning!

YF-23007sm.jpg

:worship: